The Wolverine Loves the Hawks

thedukeofearl

Hugh Jackman digs the Hawkeyes

Hugh Jackman tells the Hawkeyes to Crush It ahead of the NCAA tournament

Hugh got into the spirit of March Madness and sent a message to the Iowa Hawkeyes ahead of their championship win today (Sunday). Who knew The Music Man's Remy Auberjonois is related to Iowa's coach Fran McCaffery and his player sons! #gohawkeyes #hughjackman #uncleremy:Connor McCaffery

Damn, The Wolverine loves the Hawks.....

The Register Article:

Celebrity Wallpapers

Remember the 80s/90s movies (and sitcoms) that would reference the Iowa football team and wrestling team? Maybe we can get a resurgence of this through our basketball programs.

Off the top of my head:

Saved by the Bell (Slater wants to wrestle for Iowa....but Gable must have dropped him as in the College Years he was not at Iowa)

The Program (team in movie plays against Iowa)

Waterboy (team in movie plays against Iowa)

He Got Game (Mr. Davis interviewed about Jesus)

I know I'm missing several others I'm sure you all can remember.

Remember the 80s/90s movies (and sitcoms) that would reference the Iowa football team and wrestling team? Maybe we can get a resurgence of this through our basketball programs.

Off the top of my head:

Saved by the Bell (Slater wants to wrestle for Iowa....but Gable must have dropped him as in the College Years he was not at Iowa)

Wasn't the coach in "Coach" based off of Hayden Fry

Off the top of my head:

The sitcom "Coach". Very heavily influenced by Iowa. Actually, had a championship game Minn St. against Iowa where Iowa absolutely throttled Minn St. The head coach was named Hayden Fox.

The Movie 9 to 5. Dolly Parton, Lilly Tomlin and Jane Fonda. Their boss was Dabney Coleman (Franklin Heart). In his speech to Jane Fonda, he referenced playing football for Coach Fry and all that he learned from Coach Fry about teamwork.

Latest posts