The "what have you done for me lately" crowd

USC, Texas, and Florida will be looking for new coaches should they have the same record next year as well............Iowa will not.

USC is the only one of those three that would fire their coach. And that's got more to do with Kiffin just being the d-bag sap they hired to get through their probation.

Texas would possibly consider firing Brown if they went sub .500 next year, but I doubt they'd actually do it. He's got FAR too much of a track record for success for them to do that.

Florida isn't firing Urban Meyer, even with a 7-5 record next year. He's won 2 national titles in the past 4 years. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. Period.

....need to go away.

Look, I'm unhappy with how the season turned out and I think KF's coaching left something to be desired at times but let's get a perspective. Two years ago we won the Outback bowl, finished 9-4 and were #20 in the country. Last year we went 11-2, won the Orange Bowl and finished #7. Now, the cry-babies out there are all b*%$* and moaning about KF and the coaching staff to the point where we're about a 1/2 a season away from the same group calling for his head.

The luck was with us last year and it wasn't this year. It happens.

If we take his tenure at Iowa as a whole, he's done a fantastic job as our coach and we should be grateful to have him. I don't begrudge him making $3 million dollars (doesn't he give a lot to charities btw?), and I don't think any of us would turn that down were we in the same situation he is in.

I'll predict that if Ferentz is our coach in 2020 then we'll have had some successful years and some down ones. This is Iowa-we're going to rebuild and not reload every single year. We're not going to go 10-2 or better every year-we're going to lose some tough games and win some great games. That's football and that's life. Deal with it.

You couldn't be more wrong. We should expect more. And charities? That's your defense? Grow up!

He and his staff failed this year...FAILED!

Now you go away.

Some Hawk fans need to calm down. You did just win a BCS bowl game less than a year ago. I predicted an 8-4 season. You lost way to many talented players to the NFL to have another season like last year.

USC is the only one of those three that would fire their coach. And that's got more to do with Kiffin just being the d-bag sap they hired to get through their probation.

Texas would possibly consider firing Brown if they went sub .500 next year, but I doubt they'd actually do it. He's got FAR too much of a track record for success for them to do that.

Florida isn't firing Urban Meyer, even with a 7-5 record next year. He's won 2 national titles in the past 4 years. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. Period.
Unless he wants to spend more time with his family. :D

Latest posts