The Vols fired Butch Jones

Since the fake punt in 2010 what are the numbers?

I'm not going to go back and calculate partial seasons for a bunch of teams.

Since 2013 though (after Iowa's shitty ass 2012 season) it goes OSU, Wisconsin, MSU and then Iowa.

All I am trying to say is the freaking idiots that say 8 wins per year is mediocrity, and below average just don't even understand how stupid they sound. Over 16 years 8+ wins per year puts you near the top of the B1G other than OSU and Wisconsin. Penn St., Michigan, MSU, Nebraska, Iowa are all schools that average between 8 and 8.5 Wins per year over that time, yet Iowa fans say that is Shit.

Since 2013 though (after Iowa's shitty ass 2012 season) it goes OSU, Wisconsin, MSU and then Iowa.

All I am trying to say is the freaking idiots that say 8 wins per year is mediocrity, and below average just don't even understand how stupid they sound. Over 16 years 8+ wins per year puts you near the top of the B1G other than OSU and Wisconsin. Penn St., Michigan, MSU, Nebraska, Iowa are all schools that average between 8 and 8.5 Wins per year over that time, yet Iowa fans say that is Shit.

Yeah, I am waay too lazy to do the homework on that. Kinda hoping you were going to do it. :) The reason why I brought that up was it seems like it represents the turning point where Wisconsin surpassed Iowa as a program.

Your trolling brings up KF v Fry. HF had to oft replace highly sought after assts and coords. Somehow you'll reply and say I said KF should be fired. Predictable Troll.

Your trolling brings up KF v Fry. HF had to oft replace highly sought after assts and coords. Somehow you'll reply and say I said KF should be fired. Predictable Troll.

So if Ferentz couldn't retain assistant coaches like Fry, you wouldn't want him fired?

Yeah, I am waay too lazy to do the homework on that. Kinda hoping you were going to do it. :) The reason why I brought that up was it seems like it represents the turning point where Wisconsin surpassed Iowa as a program.

This is spot on. From 2001 to 2009, WI and IA traded jabs. It was by far the best rivalry game. From 2010 to present, it really hasn’t been. Even in the magical 2015 season, IIRC WI won a bowl game. Iowa did not. In that game, in no way did Iowa overpower WI as they had in the 2001-2009 era. This is not to say KF hasn’t been successful at Iowa. He has been. He just hasn’t been WI level successful.

Going back a decade to 08, overall Big standings, Iowa finish -

4th
2nd
3rd
6th
9th
4th
6th
2nd
5th

That's 4.55 average finish overall. 5th If you round up. There are 14 teams in the league, the tiered splits go 1 - 4, 5 - 10, 11 - 14. So for a big ten team, they are in the average section. That's how I come to the conclusion of average.

I'd also wager that Iowa averages the average number of wins by P5 team's, nationally. That would take some time to research though.

Going back a decade to 08, overall Big standings, Iowa finish -
That's 4.55 average finish overall. 5th If you round up. There are 14 teams in the league, the tiered splits go 1 - 4, 5 - 10, 11 - 14. So for a big ten team, they are in the average section. That's how I come to the conclusion of average.

I'd also wager that Iowa averages the average number of wins by P5 team's, nationally. That would take some time to research though.

You would lose this wager. Don't make that bet!!!!!!!!!!

Since 2008, Iowa is 74-43 (8.22 wins per year) for a .632% winning% . Here are the P5 teams with a higher winning%

Bama, OSU, Oregon, OU, FSU, TCU, Clemson, Stanford, LSU, Oklahoma St., Wisconsin, USC, MSU, Florida, Utah, Georgia, Nebraska, Penn St., Virginia Tech.

That puts Iowa at #20 in winning% of all P5 teams since 2008.

In the B1G conference since 2008 here are the B1G conference game win totals:

OSU 56
MSU 51
Wisconsin 46
Nebraska 42
Penn St. 39
Iowa 38

That basically exactly mirrors the overall record as well, Iowa is behind those 5 in overall winning% as well. Sorry to break it to you, but Iowa is at #20 of all P5 since 2008. The biggest problem is people like you and others just don't understand this. You say if Iowa isn't winning division titles all the time then Iowa sucks, we are below average, that isn't true. People say if Iowa wins 8 games in a year, Iowa sucks, and is below average, that isn't true either.

The simple fact of the matter is if you win 8 games a year and toss in an occasional great year (2008, 2009, 2015) you are gonna be a top 20 P5 winning team.

Would I like better? Yeah, I want to be a MSU over the last 10 years, or a Wisconsin (or even better yet, OSU, but that isn't realistic), but being MSU or Wisconsin is realistic. That doesn't mean I lose my shit, and my mind and decide that 8 wins a year, and being a top 20 P5 winning% program is a dumpster fire. It is like people lose their shit when we lose a game.

Since 2008, Iowa is 74-43 (8.22 wins per year) for a .632% winning% . Here are the P5 teams with a higher winning%

Bama, OSU, Oregon, OU, FSU, TCU, Clemson, Stanford, LSU, Oklahoma St., Wisconsin, USC, MSU, Florida, Utah, Georgia, Nebraska, Penn St., Virginia Tech.

OSU 56
MSU 51
Wisconsin 46
Nebraska 42
Penn St. 39
Iowa 38

That basically exactly mirrors the overall record as well, Iowa is behind those 5 in overall winning% as well. Sorry to break it to you, but Iowa is at #20 of all P5 since 2008. The biggest problem is people like you and others just don't understand this. You say if Iowa isn't winning division titles all the time then Iowa sucks, we are below average, that isn't true. People say if Iowa wins 8 games in a year, Iowa sucks, and is below average, that isn't true either.

The simple fact of the matter is if you win 8 games a year and toss in an occasional great year (2008, 2009, 2015) you are gonna be a top 20 P5 winning team.

Would I like better? Yeah, I want to be a MSU over the last 10 years, or a Wisconsin (or even better yet, OSU, but that isn't realistic), but being MSU or Wisconsin is realistic. That doesn't mean I lose my shit, and my mind and decide that 8 wins a year, and being a top 20 P5 winning% program is a dumpster fire. It is like people lose their shit when we lose a game.

Put Iowa in a real conference with actually good teams to play not minnesota and purdue and nebraska and that changes, if they are in the east they would miss bowls more often than go get blasted in them.

Put Iowa in a real conference with actually good teams to play not minnesota and purdue and nebraska and that changes, if they are in the east they would miss bowls more often than go get blasted in them.

LOL, so when the facts don't back up your narrative, just make up alternative facts and fake news!

OSU 56
MSU 51
Wisconsin 46
Nebraska 42
Penn St. 39
Iowa 38

Dean, what's the mean and median of Power 5 schools? That we are in the top 20 there doesn't mean 40 other teams aren't also right there.

Also that's 6th out of 14 teams in conference. That's the median. It might not be the mean, though.

The reason I ask is because I feel like if you placed Iowa in any conference besides the ACC, they'd end up about 5th or 6th. in the ACC they'd be 3rd or 2nd.

This is a fun thing to look at, so maybe at lunch today I will do that.

LOL, so when the facts don't back up your narrative, just make up alternative facts and fake news!

You mean like you saying HF had a weakness in not hiring as good of assistants when others left. How many did HF have to fire? How many made lateral moves. How many moved upward do to being sought after. Therein lies a huge dif between KF and HF. The guy had to replace a number of guys that he effectively trained. Parker is of course good enough to move on and doesn't. Assts do make more money today to stay. Still, outside of D, Iowa hasn't had highly recruited assistants.

Dean, the insult machine posts again.....

Yeah like Rutgers, Maryland and Indiana WATCH OUT!!!!

You mean like you saying HF had a weakness in not hiring as good of assistants when others left. How many did HF have to fire? How many made lateral moves. How many moved upward do to being sought after. Therein lies a huge dif between KF and HF. The guy had to replace a number of guys that he effectively trained. Parker is of course good enough to move on and doesn't. Assts do make more money today to stay. Still, outside of D, Iowa hasn't had highly recruited assistants.

Dean, the insult machine posts again.....

And like clockwork here you are obsession over me. It is fun living rent free inside your head.

And like clockwork here you are obsession over me. It is fun living rent free inside your head.
troll-detected-radar-45b7.gif

Latest posts