The Universities of Adidas

eyekwah

Tell me corruption doesn't pay. Kansas, Louisville, Southern Cal, Arizona, Oklahoma State, Creighton, Miami and Auburn motor on as if nothing was done wrong. Outside of Ok State and Az all are faring well and Az could still make the NCAA. The NCAA won't act to correct the corruption that goes on in recruitment. I think there are ways to clean up corruption and make it more difficult to make the NCAA tournament. Here are a couple of ways:

1. Thanksgiving and Christmas tournaments are barred from scheduling teams under NCAA investigation.
2. Athletic Directors are given directions to not schedule teams under investigation.

Under the NET tool these teams would essentially be boxed out of the NCAA unless they win their conference tournament championship.

Any other thoughts?

The whole system makes me sick. Other than Hawkeye sports, I don't watch college fb or bb anymore. It disgusts me.

The NCAA is the corrupt police chief or Senator while Kansas, Duke, NC, Kentucky, and the rest of the basketball elite is a mafia family. The NCAA provides the air of supervision to allow these teams to do their family business. Iowa is like the neighborhood shop owner that pays their dues to stay in business and is allowed enough to get along as long as they play ball. Fran knows what goes on. He doesn’t like it but what is he to do? Report them? To whom, the NCAA?

A small fish like ISU (or Iowa for that matter), would get fried for the type of abuse the big guys get away with every day.

This is and has always been a part of college basketball. The biggest offenders do not or will not get punished because they are the face of the sport.

Our beloved hawkeyes are no exception. The George Raveling recruited classes were full of paid players, hell even some of Mr. Davis's players were getting money/benefits.

I would say that was the golden era of Hawkeye hoops, and thus we didn't get busted because during that time frame we were one of the faces of the B1G.

Perfect example of a player getting benefits from somewhere is James Moses. He was bumping around IC in a brand new Chevy S-10 Blazer with a very expensive stereo system. Vehicle and add-ons were well over $40k in 1990. You're telling me he just happened to get a loan or was able to pay for that out of pocket?

Not saying it is right, just was part of the Iowa bball culture back then that doesn't exist in the program today.

Hearing Bill Walton on broadcasts talking about the good old days at UCLA and slipping up talking about the cars they were given to drive, gifts given, etc. knowing they were not going to have anything happen to them backs this up. This has been going on forever and will continue.

I don't agree with it in any way because if these players are amateurs, there should be no extra benefits.

I do think the players should be able to get paid for their name and likeness similar to the Olympic model, it is the only fair method of getting these guys paid.

This is and has always been a part of college basketball. The biggest offenders do not or will not get punished because they are the face of the sport.

Our beloved hawkeyes are no exception. The George Raveling recruited classes were full of paid players, hell even some of Mr. Davis's players were getting money/benefits.

I would say that was the golden era of Hawkeye hoops, and thus we didn't get busted because during that time frame we were one of the faces of the B1G.

Perfect example of a player getting benefits from somewhere is James Moses. He was bumping around IC in a brand new Chevy S-10 Blazer with a very expensive stereo system. Vehicle and add-ons were well over $40k in 1990. You're telling me he just happened to get a loan or was able to pay for that out of pocket?

Not saying it is right, just was part of the Iowa bball culture back then that doesn't exist in the program today.

Hearing Bill Walton on broadcasts talking about the good old days at UCLA and slipping up talking about the cars they were given to drive, gifts given, etc. knowing they were not going to have anything happen to them backs this up. This has been going on forever and will continue.

I don't agree with it in any way because if these players are amateurs, there should be no extra benefits.

I do think the players should be able to get paid for their name and likeness similar to the Olympic model, it is the only fair method of getting these guys paid.

Me thinks a James Moses tap in at buzzer to beat IU was worth the Blazer

At this point other schools have to start seeing that it's worth the risk cheating since no big punishments have really been dished out.

You sure that Blazer didn't belong to his Grandma? Come on! Grandmas with nice wheels were common. Ask Tractor Traylor from MI.

KU Athletics, undeterred by FBI probe, signs lucrative contract extension with Adidas

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article229625079.html

EO5EHVbXsAAI5Ir.jpg

KU Athletics, undeterred by FBI probe, signs lucrative contract extension with Adidas

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article229625079.html

EO5EHVbXsAAI5Ir.jpg
They didn't do anything wrong.

Kansas disputes NCAA allegations against basketball team

The University of Kansas is disputing all allegations of wrongdoing by its basketball program that have been levied by the NCAA, the school said Thursday.

The NCAA served Kansas in September with a notice of allegations stemming from the college basketball bribery scandal that led to the prosecution of several former Adidas employees. The notice included five Level I violations.

Among the most serious charges were lack of institutional control by the school and head coach responsibility violations by Jayhawks coach Bill Self. The football program was cited for Level II violations.

In its response issued Thursday, Kansas stated: "In this case, stemming from federal criminal trials in 2018, there are several facts that are in dispute; there are assumptions made; and, perhaps most importantly, there are unprecedented and novel theories put forward that, if found to have merit by the Panel, would dramatically alter the collegiate sports landscape in ways not contemplated by the Membership."

The Jayhawks' statement goes on to say, "The University formally challenges each of the men's basketball related allegations in the Amended Notice of Allegations ("ANOA") as neither NCAA legislation nor the facts support the enforcement staff's allegations."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...sas-disputes-ncaa-allegations-basketball-team

They didn't do anything wrong.

Kansas disputes NCAA allegations against basketball team

The University of Kansas is disputing all allegations of wrongdoing by its basketball program that have been levied by the NCAA, the school said Thursday.

The NCAA served Kansas in September with a notice of allegations stemming from the college basketball bribery scandal that led to the prosecution of several former Adidas employees. The notice included five Level I violations.

Among the most serious charges were lack of institutional control by the school and head coach responsibility violations by Jayhawks coach Bill Self. The football program was cited for Level II violations.

In its response issued Thursday, Kansas stated: "In this case, stemming from federal criminal trials in 2018, there are several facts that are in dispute; there are assumptions made; and, perhaps most importantly, there are unprecedented and novel theories put forward that, if found to have merit by the Panel, would dramatically alter the collegiate sports landscape in ways not contemplated by the Membership."

The Jayhawks' statement goes on to say, "The University formally challenges each of the men's basketball related allegations in the Amended Notice of Allegations ("ANOA") as neither NCAA legislation nor the facts support the enforcement staff's allegations."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...sas-disputes-ncaa-allegations-basketball-team
They seem rather confident the NCAA will back down.

Corruption, cheating, trying to get it over the other person has been going on forever. Nothing to be surprised at here.

Just 12-20 years ago the financial investment mafia took houses and jobs from millions of people for their own greed and hardly anything happened to them. These organizations have damn near built in immunity, it is sickening, put the masses seldom to anything about it until they get totally fed up as in Charles the king of England and Louis the 14th.

Wasnt it them that got their heads lopped off finally when enough people got pissed off at them.

Corruption, cheating, trying to get it over the other person has been going on forever. Nothing to be surprised at here.

Just 12-20 years ago the financial investment mafia took houses and jobs from millions of people for their own greed and hardly anything happened to them.
Us taxpayers actually got to bail them out too! That was fun. At least Dodd-Frank passed which, while hurtful to a small bank like my employer who was playing by the rules, should help greatly reduce the risk of this happening again. But who knows what the mega banks will get away with next time. Opening credit cards for people that never applied for them? Check!

Latest posts