The Universities of Adidas

Us taxpayers actually got to bail them out too! That was fun. At least Dodd-Frank passed which, while hurtful to a small bank like my employer who was playing by the rules, should help greatly reduce the risk of this happening again. But who knows what the mega banks will get away with next time. Opening credit cards for people that never applied for them? Check!

Yes, they need to go back to time when banks were banks and had their more conservative rules and investment houses were just that where people wanted to play with risk.

And yes Wells Fargo and other big credit card and investment banks are not good players all the time.

They didn't do anything wrong.

Kansas disputes NCAA allegations against basketball team

The University of Kansas is disputing all allegations of wrongdoing by its basketball program that have been levied by the NCAA, the school said Thursday.

The NCAA served Kansas in September with a notice of allegations stemming from the college basketball bribery scandal that led to the prosecution of several former Adidas employees. The notice included five Level I violations.

Among the most serious charges were lack of institutional control by the school and head coach responsibility violations by Jayhawks coach Bill Self. The football program was cited for Level II violations.

In its response issued Thursday, Kansas stated: "In this case, stemming from federal criminal trials in 2018, there are several facts that are in dispute; there are assumptions made; and, perhaps most importantly, there are unprecedented and novel theories put forward that, if found to have merit by the Panel, would dramatically alter the collegiate sports landscape in ways not contemplated by the Membership."

The Jayhawks' statement goes on to say, "The University formally challenges each of the men's basketball related allegations in the Amended Notice of Allegations ("ANOA") as neither NCAA legislation nor the facts support the enforcement staff's allegations."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...sas-disputes-ncaa-allegations-basketball-team

4864cd6e-7ffd-4e3f-be08-b3efcb8cc109.jpg

Yes, they need to go back to time when banks were banks and had their more conservative rules and investment houses were just that where people wanted to play with risk.

And yes Wells Fargo and other big credit card and investment banks are not good players all the time.

Like the MEGA BANK of SE Iowa right? They (wife/daughter and hubby) were doing straw man loans on everyday Joe's and Joni's.

https://www.radioiowa.com/2016/05/1...-after-wife-sent-to-prison-on-similar-charge/

upload_2020-3-7_9-32-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-7_9-32-16.png
    upload_2020-3-7_9-32-16.png
    383 KB · Views: 1
Like the MEGA BANK of SE Iowa right? They (wife/daughter and hubby) were doing straw man loans on everyday Joe's and Joni's.

https://www.radioiowa.com/2016/05/1...-after-wife-sent-to-prison-on-similar-charge/

View attachment 6396

and banks with little oversight can be crooked but most are not. the worst thing about mortgages was when investment houses started buying them and bundling them as REIT funds. the mortgage originator did not have to worry about loan payoff because they quickly sold the loan whereas years ago the originating bank would carry the loan to term so they had lots of skin in the loan being paid.

and banks with little oversight can be crooked but most are not. the worst thing about mortgages was when investment houses started buying them and bundling them as REIT funds. the mortgage originator did not have to worry about loan payoff because they quickly sold the loan whereas years ago the originating bank would carry the loan to term so they had lots of skin in the loan being paid.

I'm a bankster too, so I get it... I mean I work in a bank:eek:

Do you know how many small banks are up to their eyeballs in loan to value on farmland in the Midwest? They can't get business w/o it, so it's a trap.The system by nature the way it stands can't survive without periodic bailouts.

The deflationary cycle I am afraid is now here, similar to the Long Depression likely... we've kicked the can down the road far enough.

Well unless Purdue wins big ten tourny, I'm they're likely not in the tourny officially

Latest posts