The Superbowl's Haltime Show.

How bad will the Superbowl Halftime Show be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The thing that surprises me is that they ought to know most of their viewers are men. Yes, Madonna may be meant to appeal to a male audience but for guys that are her age. I feel like Madonna is more appealing to women than guys. Why not just stick with performers like The Who, U2, and BS. I'm 20 and absolutely hated the Black Eyed Peas last year. They aren't a group meant for live entertainment. That is why they bring back bands from the 70s 80s 90s. They don't bring in any new artists because they don't have that ability to bring down the house.

More men than women watch the super bowl but not by much from statistics I've seen. It's been increasing every year. That being said, I would agree that Madonna has more female fans than men. I was younger than you when she became famous...the Lady Gaga of my time. I didn't realize there were going to be all the other artists performing with her and I liked all of them as well. I like the black eyed peas too and I think they sucked last year. In interviews prior to the super bowl, Madonna said she was the most nervous she's ever been...probably because at a concert, the people that come to watch her are fans and less critical...at the superbowl there's a lot of non fans. She was also worried that it would be difficult to set up the stage and sound system in eight minutes. I am sure that is a challenge. If you remember the BEP from last year, the sound system sucked as they put on their live performance. Madonna obviously lip synced and the music seemed perfect despite all her dancing. All in all, all the performers seemed to do an okay job.

last year was supposed to be on that line of thinking with the Black Eyed Peas and failed. In all fairness,there will always be some part of the audience that will not be fully satisfied with whomever they bring on. I think they have grabbed the previous acts mostly based on then bringing the highest grossing touring acts from prior years. You can go to pollstar.com to see what has mass appeal.

In reality, it is a halftime act or side show anyways, so it really doesn't matter a whole lot to me.

I still think the main SB audience demographics are in the 35/40 to 65 year old range. They spend the money for the products and they dont listen that much to the black eyed peas.

Madonna I thought was not that good.

Springsteen was great.

I think it would be neat to bring together a collection of acts or for a 90s group Pearl Jam.

Who wants Pearl JaMm?

Latest posts