The sellout streak

If you give tickets away, you are not selling them. BOGO is, by definition, giving away a ticket. This whole thing is stupid semantics. The streak is nothing more than a gimmick, and frankly, by keeping up the farce the athletic department is diminishing the fact that Nebraska truly does have one of the most loyal and fervent fan base around. I hate them, but no one should question their fervency.

The athletic department doesn't want to let it go because it is about all they have left to connect them back to the glory years. They haven't been relevant in two decades and they know it. But, keeping up the charade is more embarassing than letting the streak end with dignity. Frankly, they need a reset.

Always lots of empty seats. Even in 2012 the last time I was in Lincoln.

There are a couple local banks and businesses that buy up all the remaining tickets every week before the game starts to keep the streak going.

This is why it's such a joke and farce. In addition, couldn't the university if it got down to it or had to buy remaining tickets at cost to keep it going as well.

Also, they were having a deal of buy 1 ticket and get one for free I believe last game. Desperate measures to cut the loss. Everybody pretty much knows it so now Nebby really looks stupid, IMO, when they keep selling "The Winning Streak Is Still Going" to the general public. It's now becoming a joke, because the streak is not continuing because of the product on the field, it's going out of desperation and desperate tactics. Comical.

In the bleachers there today you could see where they have made seats bigger and in turn been able to drop capacity and have less seats to sell. You can see the old numbers painted next to the new ‍♂️

Maybe hey had to "Evaluate the general population and See Where They Are.....", and noticed the average size of Nebraskans has increased. Just sayin'. Keep and objective mind and look at all potential reasons.

Whew! I can rest easy now. Been tossin' and turnin' all week. What is it exactly that separates NU athletics from anyone in the country?

View attachment 8212
It's the fact that they're worried about the stupid sell out streak while everyone else is concerned with winning games. But hey might as well puff their chests out over the sell out streak because it sure as shit hasn't been about being relevant nationally (or even relevant in conference play.

It's the fact that they're worried about the stupid sell out streak while everyone else is concerned with winning games. But hey might as well puff their chests out over the sell out streak because it sure as shit hasn't been about being relevant nationally (or even relevant in conference play.
The "sellout streak" is actually an embarrassment now more than an accomplishment, now that everyone knows and can see that there are tons of empty seats.

I would let it die a quiet death if I were the AD, because as shitty as that program has been for the last 10 years, even a non-sports fan would know that they ain't selling that joint out.

If they want a real statistic they should list attendance like what @99topdawg did earlier in this thread. But then again maybe they don't want to do that......

Well at least you have to give some of their fan’s credit for not supporting a loser program that can’t even compete and win a division title in a division where your best consistent team among those in that division is Wisconsin.

Latest posts