The Search: Expectation Management

It's only stressful if you are the flight tracker guy, or monitor message boards every minute of the day.

Chillax. Spaz down.

Yes I'm rather excitable. I'm the guy jumping around my living room during crunch time in games, much to the chagrin of my wife. I wouldn't want it any other way.

I understand this isn't stressful in comparison to real world problems. I just want something to jump around about again.

Right now this feels like pasta night at home throwing strands of spaghetti up against the refrigerator to see if it sticks. If it doesn't, keep cooking. If it does, time to drain the batch and serve it with a good sauce and nice red wine.

So many names are being tossed out now it's hard to know who is or is not in play, other than you can probably safely assume Ben Jacobson is off the board with his big pay raise and contract extension. I'm not sure I'm ready to accept the UTEP AD's statement -- apparently a friend of Gary Barta -- that Iowa has not talked to him about the job. Pretty sure Bruce Pearl is not interested, but can anyone say that for sure -- other than Bruce Pearl himself directly to Barta or his representative(s).

Bottom line is that I'm not sure we know much more than when Barta announced Lickliter had been terminated.

Credit Barta and the Parker search firm for keeping this process pretty well bottled up. I'm guessing we won't know who it is until moments before Phil Haddy announces it.

Phil+Haddy+2009.jpg