The Schedule Turns

Mostly agree, however last night, we allowed a ton of wide open looks from 3 that Maryland missed. Had they made half of those,we would have got buried. Most of our misses were due to good defense on their part. Not many open looks. I still think we would beat them on a nuetral court and easily at home.

We also missed a ton of wide open shots. Baer, Ellingson, Uhl all had air balls from 3, I believe, and they were open shots. JU is the only one that didn't get many open looks. We were definitely out of sync and MD was too. But if you just count percentages, if we'd made the 3 open layups we missed and shot our team ft %, we would have won. I know that isn't necessarily the most accurate argument, but I'm only trying to point out that as badly as we played, you can make a legitimate argument that we actually should have won.

Tonight we shot okay but not great from three. We attacked the paint and drew foul after foul against an outmanned team. This is good. Shows we can win when not scalding hot and win easily.

One down with 2 more to go before the big game at Indiana. I know some of you are worried about the Illinois game but unless they regress to how they were playing at the beginning of the season I just don't see it. Even the Maryland effort would easily beat the Illini.

One down with 2 more to go before the big game at Indiana. I know some of you are worried about the Illinois game but unless they regress to how they were playing at the beginning of the season I just don't see it. Even the Maryland effort would easily beat the Illini.

Road games in college basketball are stupid thus they always concern me. They suck though so logically we should roll.

If the games were today we would be a 20 point favorite vs. Penn State, an 11 point favorite at Illinois and a 1.5 point underdog at Indiana...per Sagarin.

Side Note - Indiana is a 2 point underdog at Michigan tomorrow night per Sagarin and the Vegas opening line has them as a 3 point underdog.

realtimerpi has Iowa winning the big ten outright now. Iowa goes 15-3 with losses @indiana and @michigan, both by 1 point. Maryland and Indiana both go 14-4. Maryland loses @purdue and @indiana, Indiana loses @Michigan, @Michigan State, @Iowa.

Would love for it to be true.

realtimerpi has Iowa winning the big ten outright now. Iowa goes 15-3 with losses @indiana and @michigan, both by 1 point. Maryland and Indiana both go 14-4. Maryland loses @purdue and @indiana, Indiana loses @Michigan, @Michigan State, @Iowa.

Would love for it to be true.

I think Iowa splits those 2 games and goes 16-2...but 15-3 certainly won't be disappointing. I think it's 50-50 whether Maryland goes 14-4 or 15-3. They could split those 2 road games. I think Indiana loses 5. Indiana won at home by 1 over Wisconsin and by 6 over Minnesota. So I think they lose at least 1 home game out of Iowa, Purdue and Maryland.

Updating this, Iowa took care of business the past 3 games. It sucks Indiana lost to Penn State as now Indiana's RPI is outside the top 50. But make no mistake the game on Thursday will be tough.

Remaining Schedule with RPI rank:

56 Feb. 11 @ Indiana 9:00 PM
228 Feb. 14 Minnesota 7:30 PM
108 Feb. 17 @ Penn State 6:30 PM
59 Feb. 24 Wisconsin 9:00 PM
85 Feb. 27 @ Ohio State 12:00 AM
56 Mar. 1 Indiana 9:00 PM
55 Mar. 5 @ Michigan 8:00 PM

Updating this, Iowa took care of business the past 3 games. It sucks Indiana lost to Penn State as now Indiana's RPI is outside the top 50. But make no mistake the game on Thursday will be tough.

I disagree on the it sucks Indiana lost part.

I disagree on the it sucks Indiana lost part.

IMO, a loss at Indiana is now a little more damaging. OTOH, Indiana beating Iowa would do wonders for their resume. An Iowa win at Indiana now becomes a little more "meh".

I just wish Yogi would have saved his crappy game for Thursday.

I'll wager that if Indiana beats Iowa, that will probably get them back into the Top 50 so don't think it would be a "bad" loss, but let's just win the game and make it moot point. :cool:

I'll wager that if Indiana beats Iowa, that will probably get them back into the Top 50 so don't think it would be a "bad" loss, but let's just win the game and make it moot point. :cool:

Oh yeah, for sure as playing Iowa helps their opponents win percentage and their opponents opponents win percentage which are big components of the RPI. Even a loss to Iowa doesn't hurt them much, if at all, the only big downside is a home loss which affects their own win percentage.

Win the conference outright and everything else will fall into place. It won't matter if Indiana is 40th or 80th in the RPI at the end of the season.

Side Note - The more Indiana loses the more important that final home game against Maryland will be for their NCAA Tournament hopes.

Last edited:
We don't need good wins anymore. We just need wins.
Amen to that. Although it is weird for me that when I'm watching I feel nervous when Iowa is up "only" 10 or so. It's like I'm greedy and want to be up no less than 15 all the time. Against IL there they literally went into their prevent offense the last 2 1/2 mins of the game and it got closer then it looked. Once the tournys start it's just a totally different world. And as fun as this has been will anything less then a final 4 run be a success? I dunno I kinda think we should get to it. But as with every year who knows how that'll play out. If they can get the 1 seed in DSM that in itself will be pretty darn cool.

Amen to that. Although it is weird for me that when I'm watching I feel nervous when Iowa is up "only" 10 or so. It's like I'm greedy and want to be up no less than 15 all the time. Against IL there they literally went into their prevent offense the last 2 1/2 mins of the game and it got closer then it looked. Once the tournys start it's just a totally different world. And as fun as this has been will anything less then a final 4 run be a success? I dunno I kinda think we should get to it. But as with every year who knows how that'll play out. If they can get the 1 seed in DSM that in itself will be pretty darn cool.

It will be absolutely devastating no matter when they lose. If we don't win it all we will look back on this season with what could have been. Just like the final 4 loss when Lester got hurt and the UNLV loss where we were up 20. That's the bad part about knowing you have a real chance to win it all. We still look back on those 2 seasons with good memories tho and that's how we'll view this one down the road if we keep playing like this.

I remember both of those losses like they were yesterday as well as the loss to Jacksonville. All 3 of those were try devastating. Special seasons are so rare. This year is not only special but you don't have the "untouchable power teams" of other years. If we stay healthy, we have a shot. Let's hope.