The sad life of DJK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, had an offer to go to OSU. He did not qualify academicly - some anomoly scores or gpa or someting. Yes I am serioius.

He was a partial qualifier or something along those lines, not sure of the exact term. OSU only had room for one at risk qualifier left and they had to choose between Ray Small and DJK and they picked Small.

+1
I think you make a lot of sense here Homes. If you consistently put yourself in front of the team, and never learn your lesson then what do you expect? Most people would understand this. Just not someone like DJK who was used to getting whatever he wanted no matter what he did.

If these adopted parents are worth a **** where are they now? If someone really cares about him they would put an end to this meltdown now.

Although he's acting like a child, DJK is a man. Parents can only do so much and he would probably choose to ignore anybody outside of people supporting this craziness. Like everything else, all of the blame lies squarely on DJK's shoulders.

Although he's acting like a child, DJK is a man. Parents can only do so much and he would probably choose to ignore anybody outside of people supporting this craziness. Like everything else, all of the blame lies squarely on DJK's shoulders.

I agree 100%. I don't think there's any chance he listens, but all I'm saying is now is the time to try.

I'm sure the idiot is absolutely loving all of this attention right now. More than likely it's only feeding the urge to continue down this path.

Did DJK have offers from any other school before coming to Iowa?

I'm wondering if he knew right after meeting Ferentz that things weren't going to work, why he would still chose to come to Iowa.

here are his offers according to rivals:

IowaCOMMITTED (06/01/2006)Offered05/23/2006Ken O'Keefe
CincinnatiNoneOfferedNone
MichiganNoneOfferedNone
North CarolinaNoneOfferedNone
Ohio St.NoneNone
SyracuseNoneNone
West VirginiaNoneOfferedNone

Also note the date in which he committed - as I recall, he committed 4 months after his classes signing day, not early for the following class. He was a 'late edition', as I assume he was a late qualifier.

He also says he knew on his first meeting with Ferentz that it wasn't going to go well. He combined that stream of thought with the whole you are not DJK, you are Derrell' thing as part of that 'first meeting'. (based on what I've read on his twitter feed). I doubt that was his first meeting - I think the DJK thing was bestowed on him by the fanbase, and he certainly would have met with Ferentz prior to 'earning' that nickname.

Re: Special Thanks to DJK...

Not sure of your definition of:
...<(Chuck Long)> He didn't make it in the NFL....
Or maybe you're so quick on the trigger to prove me wrong that you have a reading comprehension problem?

Long played, I think, 2 seasons with Detroit and then maybe 2 seasons with the Rams. His main problem: he didn't have a strong arm.

Are you going to argue Stanzi 'cause he's had 3+ seasons in the NFL?

Last edited:

Not sure of your definition of: Or maybe you're so quick on the trigger to prove me wrong that you have a reading comprehension problem?

Long played, I think, 2 seasons with Detroit and then maybe 2 seasons with the Rams. His main problem: he didn't have a strong arm.

After Long was drafted by the Lions, they had a coaching change and an offensive philosophy change (they sucked and were 'boring' as termed by their owner). Fontes became the head coach and installed the 'run and shoot' that he saw in the oilers. that offensive change didn't fit chuck long or do him any favors. he was basically an immobile pro-style pocket passer.

Actually my banning was from being a meany head to hawkeyewalker so Im trying to work on that.

Mean to me? Well, if you think so I guess, but I didn't mind.

Jon, please don't ban OOTH on my account, he's quite harmless.

We are all Hawkeye fans. I could do a little better myself in rembering we all cheer for the same team. I get a little too caught up at times.

Fresh start for '14. Happy Holidays OOTH !

I think we are seeing exactly why the 2010 team and season ended like it did. Look at what's going on with the players and responses to DJK on Twitter and Facebook. Can only imagine what it was like during that season.

Yes, the seemingly inexplicable collapse that season is coming into understandable territory now....not blaming it all on DJK, but he was divisive. Wasn't there a fight at some point early in that year? Some def vs offensive issue where someone stuck up for DJK and a fight broke out? Then there was the infamous non-fight after the Wisky game.

Not sure of your definition of: Or maybe you're so quick on the trigger to prove me wrong that you have a reading comprehension problem?

But djk didn't make it at all. Long started in the NFL..... Stanzi made the squad for 3+ years. Again...djk didnt make any squad....Big difference by any definition.

Also, as a Hawkeye fan, I am happy to have had both Long and Stanzi as hawks, djk...not so much these days.

My comprehension is fine. I just wasn't/am not sure what your point is.

So I guess we can add Jeremiah Hunter to the list of DJK backers

I just want to chalk up some of this to guys coming to the aid of a college friend, as misguided as he may be. What did JH say?

Dang, djk is not doing anyone, including himself or his friends, any favors. Its a sad situation.

BbzQn_nIMAEM3y0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts