The rose bowl is NOT on network TV?

I totally agree with duffman. Some people have cable but not HD but they could get ABC over the air HD broadcast with rabbit ears.

having rose bowl on espn does cut out a lot of people from easy access.

Nice of disney, espn and abc, not

I'm guessing the people that can't afford cable prolly don't have laptops and high speed internet either.

i decided to drop cable and spend a bit more for high speed, you can torrent just about everything if you need it. i basically just use my Roku for movies and stream sports, don't need to waste that money on cable.

i decided to drop cable and spend a bit more for high speed, you can torrent just about everything if you need it. i basically just use my Roku for movies and stream sports, don't need to waste that money on cable.

I'd imagine plenty of people have an issue pirating everything.

I'm guessing the people that can't afford cable prolly don't have laptops and high speed internet either.

Well if they don't have cable or internet, I'm guessing they know their way around their local watering hole pretty well so they can just go their.

Problem solved.

Actually, this year it is. :)

* January 1, 2012 (the legal public holiday for New Year's Day), falls on a Sunday. For most Federal employees, Monday, January 2, will be treated as a holiday for pay and leave purposes. (See section 3(a) of Executive order 11582, February 11, 1971.)

Some schools are still open today. On a traditional schedule January 1st public schools are canceled. On the West Coast the game kicks off at 2:00 p.m. How are high school students there going to watch the game, especially if they are athletes and have practice after school. If the Big Ten and Pac 12 are trying to create young tavern fans this is not a good time slot at all. Probably why the game is on ESPN instead of ABC. My local ABC programming is the news followed by Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.

what exactly can you get w roku?

Roku Streaming Player | Watch Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, Crackle and More on Roku Player

i use it to stream netflix primarily, but there are a lot of other channels.

and to the dude who said i was pirating...
i don't pirate anything. i use wiziwig NCAA to stream games occasionally. i'd probably pay for the BTN if i could do so independently, but that's not an option. i'm not particularly fond of watching games on my laptop.

Roku Streaming Player | Watch Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, Crackle and More on Roku Player

i use it to stream netflix primarily, but there are a lot of other channels.

and to the dude who said i was pirating...
i don't pirate anything. i use wiziwig NCAA to stream games occasionally. i'd probably pay for the BTN if i could do so independently, but that's not an option. i'm not particularly fond of watching games on my laptop.

Great. I wasn't referring to you individually, your solution however would likely lead to increased pirating.

damn, now only if I was able to get all networks w rabbit ears. is it easy to use a pc as a dvr?

Not necessarily. I have Time Warner internet but because I do not also have Time Warner cable I cannot get ESPN 3.

Huh? I have Comcast internet, but not their cable, and I have ESPN3.

If TW is forcing you to have their cable to get ESPN3, then you're getting boned.

What a bunch of proles!!! It's 2012 get cable already, ESPN has only been on air for 30 years! I watch more ESPN than all the basic networks combined.

I was just wondering the same thing, plus it starts at 5 on the East Coast on Monday when people have to work til 5. That means it's even worse on the West Coast.

Why don't you tell us the last time the Rose Bowl didn't start at 5 pm Eastern time on either January 1st or January 2nd.

or be a prole and get cable...don't you see that's what a prole would do? the new age guy is solely internet based.

Latest posts