The Ridiculous List

I am rapidly warming to Steve Lavin...someone posted his career at UCLA...impressive and he knows how to recruit. I think I can suffer with a slightly inferior x and o guy if he can recruit...Chicago, Michigan and keep the blue chippers here.

Am I the only one who thinks Pearl should be front and center on this list?

Pearl is the most dangerous, because there is a legitimite 50/50 chance that WHEN the next coach isn't Pearl, a majority of the fanbase is going to throw a hissy fit and and hate the new coach as much as Lickliter.

Bank. On. That.

+1

Ya I put Pearl in the dream/shocker category at this point. I'm starting to look at the next tier of possibilities and what they bring to the table. And honestly I don't even know if anyone in this second tier that I have dubbed as "Current head coaches at a BCS conf. school not named Bruce Pearl" are totally realistic at this point...

Which then leads to why Billy G makes sense....he's the only "name" coach out there that is 80/20 that we could land and save a bunch of cash. He could rebuild and if he "blows up" like people are worried he might (though never been fired or accused at the last two jobs!!!) we would have a good team with a new facility to "lure" a top tier coach.

Which then leads to why Billy G makes sense....he's the only "name" coach out there that is 80/20 that we could land and save a bunch of cash. He could rebuild and if he "blows up" like people are worried he might (though never been fired or accused at the last two jobs!!!) we would have a good team with a new facility to "lure" a top tier coach.

Gillespie just doesn't do it for me, he would probably be in my second 10 though...I never bad mouth players for off-court/field issues but coaches that have these types of issues I'm not so fond of...

This would be one of the worst, if not the worst hires we could make.

If you think SA had an attitude/ego, this guy will make him look like a choir boy. He was a big-time jerk at UK and basically just blew off a large number of the UK circuit events (I-Club type activities).... Not only does he have problems in his personal life he's very prickly. That should make him a great fit at Iowa ?

If you are fixated on his past recruiting.... that's not good enough. We can find a good recruiter who is a much better fit.

Latest posts