The recruiting game

vegashawki

So it appears Eno is taking another of his Texas recruits with him. Rob mentioned someone else could decommit as early as last evening. After reading between the lines Holmes, Beau and Eno had a "threesome" last night over the phone so my guess is Holmes is gone too.

So here is my feelings on this whole thing. If these guys were going to go to Iowa only because Eno was in the first place...then bye Felicia. Now I know we need receivers it is painfully obvious but we have a great class without them. We have stud commitments on both the defensive and offensive lines, which when we dominate on the front lines we normally have good teams. Eno might be good but Ivory is by no means less of a RB not to mention our returning stable is full of potential. Recruit Smith is a big body receiver not to mention our younger guys with tons of potential and need to learn the system (Oliver) is also still available.

I keep reading things about how disappointed people are about losing Eno and other commitments from Texas... honestly who *^%*ing cares! They haven't proved they will do dick at the next level anyways. Let them all go on their visits together and tweet how awesome they are and move on. We have gotten plenty of 3* receivers in the past... next.

So it appears Eno is taking another of his Texas recruits with him. Rob mentioned someone else could decommit as early as last evening. After reading between the lines Holmes, Beau and Eno had a "threesome" last night over the phone so my guess is Holmes is gone too.

So here is my feelings on this whole thing. If these guys were going to go to Iowa only because Eno was in the first place...then bye Felicia. Now I know we need receivers it is painfully obvious but we have a great class without them. We have stud commitments on both the defensive and offensive lines, which when we dominate on the front lines we normally have good teams. Eno might be good but Ivory is by no means less of a RB not to mention our returning stable is full of potential. Recruit Smith is a big body receiver not to mention our younger guys with tons of potential and need to learn the system (Oliver) is also still available.

I keep reading things about how disappointed people are about losing Eno and other commitments from Texas... honestly who *^%*ing cares! They haven't proved they will do dick at the next level anyways. Let them all go on their visits together and tweet how awesome they are and move on. We have gotten plenty of 3* receivers in the past... next.

Speaking of WR, we don't have anyone on our current team that has done d*ck at this level too. I don't really care too much about Eno, but losing WR is never good, especially at Iowa when it seems we struggle recruiting this position all the time. I'm very disappointed about losing these Texas kids, especially the WR.

Losing receivers does suck, but the way this has all played out is exhausting. If these guys want to hold hands and skip around in the playground together so be it. My point is right now they are big fish in a little pond, well that will soon change for them. I don't believe they are "game changers" and can be replaced, just sucks where we're at in regards to signing day and the time available to find the replacements.

Iowa is just bad at the recruiting game. I thought the new athletic facilities would help. I thought last season would help too. Neither has. I think that speaks to how bad this staff really is at recruiting. Normally teams take advantage of these opportunities.

This team really lacks athletes and their classes always seem to be filled with guys who fit right into that mold.

Hey Rob/SomeoneElse,

Is there a recruiting site (or even Iowa site) that has a breakdown of the following:

Coach / # Recruits Signed

I'm curious to see which coaches pull their weight in recruiting, and which don't. I know that each coach is assigned to a region, and not a specific position.

This staff is really bad at recruiting (we're looking at another bottom of the Big10 class), and maybe we could see which coaches should be stepping up their game (even tho they won't)

So you make the effort to point out that you're reading the thoughts of people who care . . . and then follow that up with "who ****ing cares!"

Hint: Home schooling only works when your parents aren't brain-damaged.

So you make the effort to point out that you're reading the thoughts of people who care . . . and then follow that up with "who ****ing cares!"

Hint: Home schooling only works when your parents aren't brain-damaged.

No I like to read Iowa football articles. Sometimes when you search for articles to read there are always comments from whiners and dbags complaining about everything they can regarding Iowa football. By no means am I saying you're one of those people of course you sound way to smart for that.

Stinks that we lost those guys but it sounds like eno might have been basking in the spotlight a bit much. Sometimes things happen for a reason. Good luck to those guys. Let's beat nebby and find a few more WR recruits. Kirk makes me nuts but I think in this case I stand behind the coaches. If guys can't follow the rules now it will only get worse.

All I can say is, MAC schools better gird their loins cause here comes KF and company to snipe some more 2 star MAC commits! WOOOOT, gettem Kirk!

Latest posts