The reality of it

We gotta get a QB someday guys. At this level you cannot win with a bottom tier Qb. That’s what we are attempting
I actually thought McNamara was one of the few bright spots yesterday. He really only had one poor throw that I can recall, when he was scrambling to his right in the first quarter and threw a terrible ball to an open receiver in a scrambling situation.

Other than that, he was efficient and accurate, and moved around in the pocket as well as can be expected.

How many times did you see him have a clean pocket with enough time to go through progressions?

I’m amused that suddenly someone fans think there’s a problem with the program…that maybe Iowa should be better!!!

Have they been in a comma?

Kirk has neglected the offense for over a decade- it’s going to take years to fix that
You are right Hawker, neglected to the point offense can't be sellable to attract talent as long as KF is there. Right or wrong.....it is what it is!

A great QB would help, but I'm not sure Chuck Long would be a standout running this offense -- the college game has changed so much. It's almost impossible to be an elite college team without a dual-threat QB who can extend plays with his feet or run efficiently. And this holds true for the most elite teams in the nation: Saban figured this out what, 10+ years ago? Even OSU yesterday -- even tho they boast a roster featuring nearly all 5-star players -- had to resort to running their QB to beat Iowa, a team made up mainly of 3-star players.
Today, on a complety different topic, someone told me "There's no shame in losing when you don't have the tools to win." My mind immediately flashed to Iowa v Ohio St. & other elite teams. The disappointment for us Iowa fans this year is with 20 of 22 starters returning after a 10-3 season, we fooled ourselves into thinking perhaps, just perhaps, we had the tools this year. Turns out we didn't.

I actually thought McNamara was one of the few bright spots yesterday. He really only had one poor throw that I can recall, when he was scrambling to his right in the first quarter and threw a terrible ball to an open receiver in a scrambling situation.

Other than that, he was efficient and accurate, and moved around in the pocket as well as can be expected.

How many times did you see him have a clean pocket with enough time to go through progressions?
How many turnovers did he have?

How many turnovers did he have?
Go back and watch each one. His protection broke down every time.

It's easy to criticize the QB, but if his eyes are looking downfield (as they should be), and he's hit blindly while in the act of throwing or climbing the pocket, that's exactly what's going to happen. It's not like he stood in a clean pocket for 4 seconds then threw a bad pass right into the hands of a defender.

Cade is far from perfect and he's going to have his share of bad plays, but what happened on offense yesterday is not on him.

Low hanging fruit.