The Real Fat Cats

Yeah! Look at out coaching staff and what they accomplished! So what if we lose to terrible teams like minnesota and northwestern on a regular basis?! We ALMOST win a lot of games. Isn't that good enough?

...screw it. I can't even be sarcastic about it. Some people will defend this coaching staff no matter how terrible they are.

ATTENTION HAWKEYENATION SHOPPERS: We have a Black Friday Doorbuster sale on Kirk Ferentz Lemonade in this thread, 10 for $10 while supplies last!

Are some of you fans who call for the coaches head if we don't go 10-2

While I agree that firing KF isn't the answer, expecting more from a club than what we've got this year, including bad losses to ISU and Minny, and complete "no-show" performances like PSU and Nebraska warrant asking some questions about where this program is. Especially following a year where this program had all the makings of a top 10 team and completely fell apart. So while expecting 10-2 and a house cleaning if that level isn't met are completely outrageous, patting fannies, and saying "we'll get 'em next time" and not holding a coach, his staff and players accountable is just as outrageous.

This thread smells like my 10 wk olds diapers..."don't you dare question our beloved KF."

If we were 9-3 no complaints cause they would have beat ISU and Minny but they are not. So face some reality man. You are too KF heart struck to see the reality of today and the future of tomorrow.

What we have is a thread grounded in reality.

Ah, reality. We're just not very good, we're little old Iowa, we can't possibly compete with the Ohio States and Nebraskas of the Big Ten.

This attitude is why nothing is going to change in the Iowa football program. As long as people are satisfied with mediocrity, then that is all they're going to get. That, my friends, is the reality.

Mack Brown went 5-7 last year and is 7-4 this year yet I haven't heard anybody down here calling for his head. He's the highest paid head coach in college football and consistently has top 10 recruiting classes. Now to his credit he did make some mass changes after last year.

Ummm, 7-5 vs. a schedule devoid of any really difficult road games (no Wisky, no OSU, home vs. Michigan, home vs. MSU, road vs. beatable Nebraska), is not the least bit impressive. They should have easily been 9-3, and I am being very realistic with that statement.

I love the idiots who talk about how we are unrealistically expecting 9-10 wins a year...

NO, but do I expect more than 7 wins this year? Yes. Look at the damn schedule. It was pathetically easy and we managed to lose to ISU and Minnesota. We almost lost to other easy teams as well. It is ridiculous. 9 wins was certainly doable this year and we got 7.

I don't expect 9 wins every season, but when we have a schedule like this year... You are damn right I am going to expect 9 wins, because it should be doable.

This is another year where we underachieved. I have tried to defend Ferentz and stand by him the whole way, but I don't know if I can anymore. We lose because of poor preparation, no emotion, no risks, no offensive gameplan, terrible clock management, etc. Our coaches do next to nothing to help our team win games.

If you want to sit here and defend Ferentz because of what he did in the past... good for you, but if you hadn't noticed... you can't live in the past or you get left behind.

I hope Ferentz can turn things around in a hurry, but I think most people would agree... We aren't heading in the right direction.

Obviously this is my opinion and I realize not everyone will agree, but I'm getting tired of the people who defend ferentz no matter what he does and acts like nothing is his fault. I'm NOT ok with being AVERAGE.

How about this; Maybe I don't care as much about the number of wins but instead having a coaching staff and program that has a sense of urgency about winning games.

It looked to me like this was a meaningless pre-season exhibition when the sidelines were panned. The head coach seemed un-interested, some assistants smiling like this was fun and players just sitting with blank looks on their faces.

Honestly why does this program bother showing up?

That's not true...we would just like to see the team and the coaches play with a little passion, just a little. We don't expect and accept losses like today and losses to teams like Minnesota, nor should anyone. But this staff takes those losses in stride...no big deal. We just got outcoached and outplayed AGAIN. That seems to be the norm these days doesn't it. Watch one tape of the past 11 years and a coach knows exactly what Iowa is going to do and NOW they know how to exploit Iowa's weaknesses and they are doing it, game in game out.

When fans can sit in the stands and sit in front of TVs and predict plays and be right with those calls 80% to 90% of the time, how do you think the opposing coaches and players do?

Iowa might as well hold up a card everyplay and tell everyone what is coming...oh wait, they basically do that anyway.

But hey we got two cupcake wins this year and beaten by Iowa State and Minnesota.

Take away two of those cupcakes and Iowa had a stellar 5 win season. Why we even played one game with an uptempo offense that looked great and THEN NEVER used it again this season...too risky, much too risky, and the coaches probably feel it isn't fair.

Sometimes you wonder whether this staff doesn't send the opposing teams their play books and game plan before games just to be fair to the other team...Oh wait, they don't have to, the opposing teams already know Iowa's gameplan and seven plays.

Just because another coach at another school is doing poorly justifies Ferentz and his staff's coaching failures????

Latest posts