The Priority Points Cutoff number for tix to Rose Bowl

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
I've seen several emails from Iowa fans who received communication from the Iowa ticket office. If you submitted requests for tickets to the Rose Bowl via Iowa and your priority points were below 31 and you were not a season ticket holder, I-Club member, or Varsity club member, your request will go unfilled. But that cut off number is much lower than I thought it would be.

It pretty much sounded to me like the UI was making every effort possible to ensure that all season ticket holders would be able to get tickets via the UI, but any non-season ticket holder, whether alumni, former letterwinner, etc would be out of luck. Probably the best way to do it considering the issues they had with getting season tickets sold for this year....

"As you can imagine demand for this year’s Rose Bowl game was huge. We took requests for close to 54,000 tickets and our original conference allotment was 22,000. Orders were filled based on priority points and the only requests that were considered were those from season ticket holders, current I-Club members, and Varsity Club members. The cut off for points was 31; those below 31 points will not be receiving tickets. Sorry to bring you disappointing news regarding your request. We thank you for your support of the Hawks and look forward to seeing you at Kinnick this fall."

The ticket office appears to have maximized the number of season ticket holders who received tickets. I applaud their efforts.

I've seen several emails from Iowa fans who received communication from the Iowa ticket office. If you submitted requests for tickets to the Rose Bowl via Iowa and your priority points were below 31 and you were not a season ticket holder, I-Club member, or Varsity club member, your request will go unfilled. But that cut off number is much lower than I thought it would be.

I have 30 points, and I didn't get the email. It shows my order history including 2 tickets at $150 each. I am glad I applied after being turned down for Big Ten Championship tickets. I am a season ticket holder.

The ticket office appears to have maximized the number of season ticket holders who received tickets. I applaud their efforts.

As do I. Well done on their part.

My priority is 58....I was certain I wasn't going to get tickets. Had I known this, I could have saved a few hundred on flight/hotel, but got them for $1,500/person this morning, so I can't complain. I was restricted on outbound flights because I can't leave work before 2:00 on the 31st (Des Moines).

just got the notification!!! I wonder if the secondary market will cool off or heat up following the release of these tickets...

I am confused. where did the university get the extra tickets beyond their 22,000 allotted?

I am confused. where did the university get the extra tickets beyond their 22,000 allotted?

Maybe they got the extra tickets from Stanford who will definitely want to release them to the UI or general public, pay site vendors, etc.

From what I heard, most of those requests for tickets came from non-season ticket holders. Apparently only 24,000 tickets were requested from season ticket holders so almost all of them got their requests filled. The ticket office obviously placed an emphasis on getting their season ticket holders their base request and backed off on granting the extra ticket requests.

I already bought my package through Prime Sports since I needed three tickets and would only get two from the U of I. I was able to get two tickets through the University which I should have in hand before Christmas.I will sell them for $700 cash for both.I paid $550 a ticket for mine so that doesn't even cover the cost of one of my tickets.Would like to get some money back but not going to gouge you.These are the $150 tickets. Would be easier if it's someone in the Cedar Rapids area.I will keep this posted until there gone.Sorry there Gone

Last edited:
I already bought my package through Prime Sports since I needed three tickets and would only get two from the U of I. I was able to get two tickets through the University which I should have in hand before Christmas.I will sell them for $700 cash for both.I paid $550 a ticket for mine so that doesn't even cover the cost of one of my tickets.Would like to get some money back but not going to gouge you.These are the $150 tickets. Would be easier if it's someone in the Cedar Rapids area.I will keep this posted until there gone. My phone # is 319-213-8386.

FYI - grandpa's tickets already gone.

did not think I would get tickets and did not make any plans to go to game and wife didn't want to go on late notice. But I got 2 (was not a season ticket holder this year, but gave $50 to I-Club). I now live in Va. will sell the 2 for same as grandpa's for $700 if we can work out payment (maybe us son-laws pay-pal). 319-331-9244