The POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT Thread

We were also 2-2 (0-1 B1G) after the first 4 games in 2004. We then ran off 7 in a row & then won the Cap 1 Bowl vs LSU as (Co-Big 10 Champs).

If there is any year where a mediocre Iowa team could do it, is this year amongst a very mediocre Big 10 Conference!

We hit the reset button today- for the season that matters we are 0-0

Other than JV appearing to regress I don't have anything really negative to say about the players. The players played hard and were into the game, I saw more emotion on defense than I have in a quite a while. The players are out there working hard, they want to win. Weisman for Heisman!

I think the players were wanting to win as well. Defense was trying to get the crowd into it.

In 1999-2004 and also during the 2008 season Iowa got better as the season progressed. So history tells that there is a better than 50/50 chance that Kirk and co can get this team to improve.

OK, this place is just doom and gloom. Too many emotionally-charged irrational comments.

Lets take a step back from the suicidal ledge, and focus on some positive things.

In this thread, say something NICE about the Hawkeyes, and their future!

Try this:
Iowa has a lot of inexperienced freshman and sophomores in the 2-deeps that should provide for some very successful seasons in the near future as they develop.

or

Weisman has been an amazing, unexpected surprise at tailback.

Fun-haters will have a pillowcase put over their head, and then beaten with a baseball bat.

images

The most positive thing I can say is that I won't be watching any more of these crappy Kirk Ferentz coached Hawkeyes which should be good for my health.

We are a respectful 1-1 in the MAC. Seriously, we do not have a lot of talent on this team, years of mediocre recruiting has reared its ugly head.

Say something positive...hmm, let's see....ok, got it: I'm positive that Iowa will not play in a bowl game after this season.

I'm positive that this is the worst Iowa team in a decade. I'm positive that Jake the Snake was a better QB than Vandy.
I'm positive that I haven't missed a home game since 2007 MSU game.

You want positive? Most of the mistakes yesterday were correctable. The tackling can always get better. They can get better at not getting flagged for stupid penalties. The O line is steadily getting better and the defense is making good adjustments at halftime. Keep in mind that we were 3-3 after our first six games in 2008 and won 5 of 6 during the rest of the regular season. Sure we rode a guy named Shonn Greene for a lot of yards that year, but we have another pretty good bull in Weisman. Has anybody else noticed that he's wearing the same number Greene wore when he arrived at Iowa?

Latest posts