The portal could be the answer Iowa has been waiting for!

I

Ian Pike Hammer

Combine the recent success [and nationwide publicity] the Hawks have had with the portal and I can see where we could land some major talent in the next few years. Many bench players at the blue-blood schools are not waiting a year or two to get on the court and are transferring out. Perhaps we've attracted enough attention to land a few of them and elevate our MBB program to where we all want it to be.
Right now, I say hooray for the portal!
We need Fran to be aggressively active now and for the next few years. Ever onward and upward!

Combine the recent success [and nationwide publicity] the Hawks have had with the portal and I can see where we could land some major talent in the next few years. Many bench players at the blue-blood schools are not waiting a year or two to get on the court and are transferring out. Perhaps we've attracted enough attention to land a few of them and elevate our MBB program to where we all want it to be.
Right now, I say hooray for the portal!
We need Fran to be aggressively active now and for the next few years. Ever onward and upward!
The portal with immediate eligibility is going to totally screw up college sports. FCS football will become a virtual AA Minor League for BCS football. Two & 3 star kids will no longer get a sniff from major college football out of high school. Schools like Iowa State will no longer recruit high school kids in basketball. 3% of these kids end up playing pro ball, so bouncing from school to school makes it more difficult to get a degree. I'm for college players having control of their image & likeness, but transferring with absolutely no restrictions is not in the best interest of the student athlete.

Latest posts