The plane crash cost Okie State the national title

okeefe4prez

They clearly weren't playing with a focus in the game. Their heads just weren't in it and the game probably should have been canceled. Ts & Ps to the deceased and their families.

It is awful that the coaches lost their lives, but I doubt that too many of the football players were mentally impacted.

They clearly weren't playing with a focus in the game. Their heads just weren't in it and the game probably should have been canceled. Ts & Ps to the deceased and their families.

This might as well have been the headline on ESPN.com before the game was over. It basically made the same assertion.

They were ahead 24-7. Did they get sad all of the sudden at that point?

good point. With all due respect to the deceased... I doubt most of the football players would have been able to spot those coaches walking down a sidewalk.

It was a hard fought quality win by the Clones... don't try to cheapen it.

Now, lets get after the Boilermakers Hawks!!

You're treading pretty close to the line, Rodney Dangerfield.

Classic trap game. But it takes a strong game by the underdog to spring the trap.

That being said, ISU has waaaaayyyy better victories than Iowa this year.

An incident like that has to be a disraction, how much you just can't tell unless your inside the program. No question it would have had much more of an impact if OSU would have been at home.

That's pretty low to make that assertion and cheapen the victory. OSU has been treading close to danger too often (Texas A&M, Texas and KSU) and this time it finally burned them.

Classic trap game. But it takes a strong game by the underdog to spring the trap.

That being said, ISU has waaaaayyyy better victories than Iowa this year.

They have a way better victory yes and good for them, but they don't have multiple better victories than Iowa has either.

I think this would be a fair argument if Okie St came out really flat from the start and never were really in the game. But, they did have a 17 pt lead in the 3rd quarter, and by that time I really doubt they were still thinking a whole lot about what happened earlier in the day.

We were playing with a QB that was 4th string at the start of spring ball too. And our best WR got hurt in the 1st qtr. Our starting RB is out for the year in Shontrelle Johnson. Yeah, that's nothing like the tragedy that hit OSU, but it's not like we didn't have a LOT to overcome either.

How about "just good for them". It has absolutely nothimg to do with Iowa football and should not be watered down in any way. They beat the number 2 team in the land period. I hope that it does not in the future change the balance of power in the state. Now, let's go kick PU's butt!

The defenseless team from the Nintendo League against an SEC team in the championship game scenario doesn't make for good entertainment anyway. ISU did the college football world a huge favor last night.

Again you start off a thread with an rather ignorant statement. Do you do this purposely just to get people to reply to your thread. ISU played AWESOME last night so give them the credit they deserve instead of starting all these anti-ISU threads and try to be positive would you.

Latest posts