The Opening Tip: Rival Wisconsin Visits Carver-Hawkeye Arena

I’m just hoping that Davison tries that flopping this year. He’s most likely responsible for this rule. He flopped so much, he looked like a freshly caught fish. We win this game going away by a +10-20 pt. margin.

I wouldn't bet against Iowa at home right now.

That said, it was a 5.5-point favorite against Rutgers.

ESPN BPI gives Iowa a 66.4% chance to win.

Iowa is favored by 5.5 points

realtimeRPI has Iowa winning 82-72 (!?!?!)
Torvik has Iowa winning 71-65

I'm sick of Wisconsin beating us in sports. Can we please just murder them tonight in basketball?

Wisconsin is going to do what they do try to limit possessions, make this a half court game, hang around, and hope they can make a run towards the end. There is no way they look as bad as they did against Purdue so I expect this to be a dogfight.

Iowa should keep the tempo up when they can. Don’t slow down and play Wisconsin’s style. This is a game where turnovers are magnified and could be a concern for Iowa so we need to value the basketball.

I would suspect with the Hawks being ranked and the weather affecting attendance a couple times this year, the place should be packed tonight. That would be nice.

Sconnie always plays well against us. Gard isn't Bo Ryan but he's kept them respectable and they've beaten some pretty good teams. I think Iowa covers the 5.5 points but Wisconsin won't be intimidated and even in covering that 5.5 points Iowa might win by 6 or 7. I don't see a blowout, much as Iowa is due for one against these guys.

I really hope Fran doesn’t zone too much tonight. King is really Wisconsin’s best one on one player. They can be a good 3pt shooting team at times and they are the type of team (good passing and IQ) that knows how to get good shots against a zone.

Really hope we stick with primarily man to man.

Latest posts