The Opening Tip: Hawkeyes Shooting to End Skid in Ames

I was there for the NIT win in '03.

It's hard to believe it's been that long.

Damn ISU students ran over top of me when I was shooting photos and they stormed in '15.

All they have is basketball. Maybe Keith Duncan can show Bohannon how it's done at the end of the game.

upload_2019-12-11_15-7-40.jpeg

I didn't realize that 03 NIT game was the last time Iowa won there. I looked at that Iowa roster a few minutes ago, Chaucey Leslie led that team in scoring, I can't even remember what Chaucey Leslie looks like. For some reason I was thinking Mike Henderson and Carlton Reed was on that team.

Getting old suuuucks, all this shit just starts to blur together.:(

I didn't realize that 03 NIT game was the last time Iowa won there. I looked at that Iowa roster a few minutes ago, Chaucey Leslie led that team in scoring, I can't even remember what Chaucey Leslie looks like. For some reason I was thinking Mike Henderson and Carlton Reed was on that team.

Getting old suuuucks, all this shit just starts to blur together.:(

Had to look it up myself. I know what you mean, and oddly, I remember the late 80's and 90's teams better than I do a lot of the teams from the current millennium.

chauncey-leslie-of-the-university-of-iowa-hawkeyes-dribbles-the-ball-picture-id684684

Last edited:
Man, 2003. Ugh. Then I think about who our coaches were in the 2000's.. No wonder.

Already mentioned, but Fran's teams really blew it twice over there. The second one, I thought they were up something like 20 in the second half.. and lost. Both of those, something like a 6-8 point lead with a minute to go.

Brutal.

That 2015 game was weird. Uthoff went off for 30 and the team was up by 14 in the first half. Then he scores only 2 points in the second half and they lose by 1.

Iowa last won in at Hilton Coliseum 16 years ago:

LINK

I don't know if anyone remembers this or not....but that game wasn't even on TV. Crazy to think about that. But that was only a few years after the 2000 football game against Minnesota, which was the last Hawkeye football game to not be televised.

Weird that I can remember those things, but not what I had for breakfast yesterday! :)

Latest posts