The Opening Tip: CJ Fredrick Remains Questionable for MSU Matchup

Game opened at MSU -7.5 at William Hill. It's up to 8 this morning, 8.5 in some other places.

It was '93, the game after Chris Street passed away. It's in my preview. ;)
source.gif

I'll be first to admit and this either just makes me lazy or adapting the way I digest things, but I hardly read articles any more. Sad to say. I will check this article out though just because I am a dummy who didn't go look first before I spoke. Basically if I don't watch or listen to it or it's not fed to me in 280 characters or less, it's much less likely I will see or hear it. That's a me thing and totally my loss, just how it is tho for me.

"Michigan State coach Tom Izzo has a way with working officials. Iowa center Luka Garza, the conference’s top player this year, needs to avoid any spots where he can be called for a questionable foul. You can bet Izzo will make the referees aware of any tendencies."

I simply do not understand why officials tolerate his constant questioning and complaining. The Izzo strategy is to bang the opponent around in the hopes they will quit calling fouls and allow rough play in the last 10 minutes of a game. It's worked for him for years.

Michigan State coming off back to back home losses, absolutely needs this game with upcoming games at Maryland at Penn State and home vs Ohio State.

I got a bad feeling this one is going to get pretty ugly for our hawks.

"Michigan State coach Tom Izzo has a way with working officials. Iowa center Luka Garza, the conference’s top player this year, needs to avoid any spots where he can be called for a questionable foul. You can bet Izzo will make the referees aware of any tendencies."

I simply do not understand why officials tolerate his constant questioning and complaining. The Izzo strategy is to bang the opponent around in the hopes they will quit calling fouls and allow rough play in the last 10 minutes of a game. It's worked for him for years.

The worse part is the officials have to start working on evening out the fouls, so they not only let MSU get away with everything, but they start calling touch fouls and illegal screens like crazy against the opponent. So by the last 10 minutes of the game or so, they can grab and hold all they want and we can't even breathe on them.

Every away game I swear I will not watch another away game. I always chicken out though and decide to watch :(
It's just so ridiculous how one sided the officiating is. Maybe I'll join up in the game thread to vent and drop 5 obscenities per second to make myself feel better...

200.gif

source.gif

I'll be first to admit and this either just makes me lazy or adapting the way I digest things, but I hardly read articles any more. Sad to say. I will check this article out though just because I am a dummy who didn't go look first before I spoke. Basically if I don't watch or listen to it or it's not fed to me in 280 characters or less, it's much less likely I will see or hear it. That's a me thing and totally my loss, just how it is tho for me.

I don't think it's a "you" thing.

I read books one after the other. I read from them every day. I like mysteries.

I visit multiple world news websites daily.

But I know I'm in the minority. And I know when I write articles I have to come up with catchy selling points to get people to even click on them.

It's sad in way as someone who started in newspapers and grew up reading multiple dailies. But I'm not naive, either. I know it's the Twitter generation.

Michigan State coming off back to back home losses, absolutely needs this game with upcoming games at Maryland at Penn State and home vs Ohio State.

I got a bad feeling this one is going to get pretty ugly for our hawks.

I have the same feeling, hope we are wrong.... it doesn't help that we've only seen them win 3 times at The Breslin Center in our lifetimes.

I'm not expecting us to win this one. I just hope we can make it a game. Hopefully people don't overreact if we lose at a place we've only won at twice in the last 27 years. If we do win I fully plan to overreact and proclaim us to be the favorite to win it all.

I'm not expecting us to win this one. I just hope we can make it a game. Hopefully people don't overreact if we lose at a place we've only won at twice in the last 27 years. If we do win I fully plan to overreact and proclaim us to be the favorite to win it all.
1000 % this.... I have a pretty good idea Iowa isn't going to win. We could lose by 20+ and I will still chalk that up to it being at The Breslin. But if we do win? Well, all bets are off with how high we probably all will be about this team.

I noticed Michigan State has lost their last 2 home games (Maryland and Penn State).

RealtimeRPI and Torvik have Iowa losing by 8. Vegas has Iowa +8.5. ESPN BPI gives Iowa a 19% chance to win.

can we possibly steal one?

If we win you'll know my true identity because I'll be the guy on the 10 o'clock news streaking through the quad to the gymnasium.

Basically if I don't watch or listen to it or it's not fed to me in 280 characters or less, it's much less likely I will see or hear it. That's a me thing and totally my loss, just how it is tho for me.
I think there are many people, especially younger ones, that are like that.
That is something a certain "politician" understands all to well.

I think there are many people, especially younger ones, that are like that.
That is something a certain "politician" understands all to well.

The F'd up thing is I am 41. I still will buy a paper from time to time and I will read something that someone sends me or might get my eye caught by something on Twitter and then go read an article, but those times are not the norm for me any more. I typically get most of my Iowa news from the podcasts, twitter or here.

Latest posts