The Opening Tip: CJ Fredrick Remains Questionable for MSU Matchup

I'm not expecting us to win this one. I just hope we can make it a game. Hopefully people don't overreact if we lose at a place we've only won at twice in the last 27 years. If we do win I fully plan to overreact and proclaim us to be the favorite to win it all.
The worst case scenario would to play hard, smart and well, come up just short, then be flat for the next game. Like the Palestra-Nebraska quinela.

That's the difference between conference title contending teams and middle of the pack also rans. The contenders put tough losses behind them quickly and exercise damage control. Our longest conference losing streak this year is two games. That's huge. Most teams have had four or longer.

The F'd up thing is I am 41. I still will buy a paper from time to time and I will read something that someone sends me or might get my eye caught by something on Twitter and then go read an article, but those times are not the norm for me any more. I typically get most of my Iowa news from the podcasts, twitter or here.
I think you almost have to be in your fifties to not have that attitude. I work with a lot of 40 year old guys who are the same way.

Latest posts