The Official "We're ok" Thread

heck we might miss a bowl game if we let the line get pushed so much on either side. jantz is good but what will Martinez and persa do this year? we better hope Michigan rob gets knocked out again. but the offense was just as questionable, not seeming to understand the season started in the first half.

This game really didn't matter last year, when Iowa stomped ISU and finished 7-5. 1 loss does not make a season, nor does 1 win. If you can't handle losing, then don't watch the games. Fair weathered fans are the worst of any kind.

It's classic Ferentz and if you don't like it then find a new team to root for. Its the same thing that wins all the close games and all the bowl games. I've seen KF win with less talent than this and he will do it again. 9-3 no worse than 8-4 if not i'll never post on here again.

This game really didn't matter last year, when Iowa stomped ISU and finished 7-5. 1 loss does not make a season, nor does 1 win. If you can't handle losing, then don't watch the games. Fair weathered fans are the worst of any kind.

so if we finished 6-6 in the regular season, it wouldn't have mattered, kind of like the last time we went 6-6 and didnt' go bowling/

Then jump! I'm so fricken tired of fair weather fans who ***** and complain when losses happen. No one predicted this team to go undefeated. Improve in time for B1G play and we'll be fine. If we beat Nebby in November no one will even remember this game.
Are you kidding me? If we can't stop ISU, no way we are going to stop Nebraska. Get real, man. We're now the laughing stock of ISU and Nebraska fans alike. Congrats, hawks; great job today.

What the hell is a fairweather fan? Is it a fan who roots for their team only if they are winning their games? Could it be a fan who switches to another team and roots for them until they lose? I'm a friggin IOWA HAWKEYE fan and will root for no other team. It doesn't mean that I can't be frustrated and vent my frustrations on a message board...I have been to more Hawkeye games than probably 75% of the people on this board, I have more Hawkeye gear than most..It's a rare occasion that I don't have Iowa gear on every minute. So, if that's the definition of a fair-weather fan then count me in!
And I'll live through this, but let me wallow in my pity!

OK? Playing Ok is why we lost. You have to play better than OK. Any time you step into a stadium you better play better than OK. When you play OK you play down to the other team level and then they think they can win. I'm not giving all the blame to the players, they looked like they had cement shoes and could not wrap up while tackling. Most of the blame goes to the coaches. They had tunnel vision after the first qtr. everybody knew what the next play was going to be. When you play not to lose and the other team is playing to win, this philosophy gives you a 50% chance of winning when you should be blowing out weak teams.

I'm disappointed we do not play to win. Twice coach could have went for the win but refused, twice.

I love the way the program develops players. It's physicality, it's toughness, but, KF's conservatism is often maddening. No, losing games like this doesn't shake my fanhood, but, that doesn't make it any less frustrating. I'd rather lose a game being overly aggressive than waiting for OT by running the ball three times when you have over a minute left in the game. When he did that all I could think was, like many of us, this is 2009 OSU game again. We run out the clock instead of going for it and probably lose in OT.

Hat's off to Paul Rhodes and his staff they had an excellent game plan and we did not. I realize the simplicity of the Iowa offensive and defensive schemes is a strength more than it is a weakness, but I felt the play calling within a predictable offense was generally weak. That said if Vandenberg doesn't plays poorly for most of three quarters we probably win this game against what should have been an over matched opponent fairly comfortably.

Additionally, I'm not seeing a lot of fire from the players. Maybe it's unrelated to the coaching staff, but the team seems pretty robotic, unemotional and uninspired, in their play this year.

The defense will get better but obviously we miss the great DL we had last year. I'm trying to remember this is a rebuilding year(even though last year was disappointing) and there's reason for optimism going forward. The best talent on the team is principally in the freshman and sophomore classes and I'm eager to see their development.

Obviously, if Vandenberg plays like he did today the remainder of the season we're in real trouble as I don't get the impression Derby or anyone else on the depth chart is ready to start. I suspect JVB is likely to improve once he get's a few more starts in him, but, I expected him to be better now given his experience in 2009 and this being his fourth year in the program. Hopefully, we rebound for Pitt. The coaches won't lack for coaching points this week.

Seriously people step off the ledge. Once again this was ISU's superbowl and they again played more inspired than us. It happens every year. When will you all figure out that this game does not matter to Ferentz or the players, it never has. Does anyone remember 2002? We lost one game and it was ISU. I think we'll be just fine.
Ohh you hawks. Has ISU ever won in this game and it wasn't ISU's super bowl? Obviosuly if it was ISU's super bowl, the last two years wouldn't have been blowouts. Accept you lost and move on.

We're not OK.

Had ISUx not had two turnovers in our redzone and missed two FGs, the game never would have made it into OT.

They beat us. Had we somehow won, it would have been because ISU lost it.

Seen this movie before. Yes, they'll be fine. They will get 7-8 wins and go to a bowl and ISU will get 4-5 and won't. I wouldn't say Iowa doesn't care about this game because they do but to say Iowa State cares about it way more is just the truth.

Latest posts