The official watch a Kit-Kat eat a Hawk game thread....or not....

2 things.

I wonder if Bohannon missing had anything to do with wanting acceptance from his own fans.

And if I tried to miss on purpose, I would probably choke and make it.

2 things.

I wonder if Bohannon missing had anything to do with wanting acceptance from his own fans.
no

yes. LOL.

And a muscle memory like ha has for FTs he had to really THINK about missing.

The flip side was battling Illinois for 12th or 13th in the BTT.
But the real flip side is doing that and LOSING a close game would be battling Rutgers for last place.

Not that significant in context of this crap season but not insignificant either.

And saying “last place” sounds significantly worse than 12th.

2 things.

JBO is a class act and he proved that tonite. Nothing phoney about him. Despite his physical limitations he will end up as an all time great Hawkeye just like Crispen predicted last year...

no

yes. LOL.

And a muscle memory like ha has for FTs he had to really THINK about missing.

I wouldn't be too sure on that first one. He will never admit it. But clearly he knows how some fans feel about him and I saw a bunch of fans on Twitter telling him he should miss it. I would bet a million bucks it played a small factor in his decision making. Even if he would have decided to miss anyway.

Free throws or not, Street was a beast and would have made a great power forward in the NBA.
The Street tragedy was the culmination of a dark period for all Hawkeyes. In a fifteen month span we had the grad student shooting rampage, lost football assistant coach John O'Hara, and lost Bill Stringer, spouse of current Rutgers women's coach C Vivian.

I have often asked myself two questions over the years.
What kind of senior year would Street have had?
What kind of NBA career might he have had?

First question: I have little doubt he would have had a monster senior year after Earl and others had graduated. Davis took good care of his seniors (even Russ Millard got an NBA shot) Chris would been the number one focal point of the offense for sure.

Second question: I do think he would have stuck in the league. Iowa stretch fours were a dime a dozen for a long time, from Al Lorenzen to Greg Brunner(?) The player who's style most resembled Street was Ryan Bowen and he was one who stuck in the league for a while. Ryan probably would have followed in Chris Street's footsteps.

One final note on the '93 season. They were a veteran team. And Davis was at his best with veteran teams. And with Earl in the middle one of the best defensive teams in the country. I think they were at the very least an Elite Eight team.

Latest posts