The official watch a Kit-Kat eat a Hawk game thread....or not....

HaydenHawk56

upload_2018-2-25_10-36-16.jpeg

Hello, Harry Doyle here, and welcome to tonight's brief preview of the last regular season game at home for Iowa. Last place Iowa plays Northwestern tonight at Carver Hawkeye Arena. Tip off is at 6:30pm and can be seen on the BTN.

Not much can be said about this game. Most Iowa fans would like this season to end and they have at least one more game to stomach after tonight's tilt. Northwestern is having a disappointing year as well, but are good enough to hand Iowa another loss on Senior Day. Personally, I say if you are going to flame out, flame out in style. Continue that horrid zone and man defense and let those jams dunk and let those 3s fly. Let's get to the magic number 20.

But, if you are an optimist, Iowa could gain some momentum today and then play a cream puff in the BTT. o_O Harry will gladly take that bet against you and your money. ;)

This is also your last chance to purchase that beloved, tasty, and undisputed champion of arena ice cream across the nation, Carver Ice Cream. It is so good, you won't even care if the Hawkeyes are winning or not.

cat-kills-bird.jpg

Last edited:
They're going to get rolled. I won't even be tuning into this one which makes me sad. It's just too frustrating to watch such terrible defense, complete lack of fundamentals, and constant brain farts.

Does anyone know when the Fran McCaffery Iowa Basketball 2017/2018 season highlite DVD will be released? I want to be first in line when they come out, and I'm sure you do as well.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the Fran McCaffery/Iowa Basketball 2017/2018 season highlite DVD will be released? I want to be first in line when they come out, and I'm sure you do as well.

It's a two DVD set with his "Play Great Defense" tape. I'm the first one to say i hope they can turn it around and we see major progress on the defensive end next year...but we haven't been very good on defense for the past few years...so the needle isn't pointing up. That being said...you get Connor healthy and stronger...you get Dailey stronger...and Moss decides to turn it up on the defensive end...and well...you may have something in the back court to stop penetration. We seriously have the opportunity to be big and physical in the backcourt...we just need to stop penetration by top tier guards...in zone or man...we have done both poorly for two years.

Bohannon needs to be aggressive & get to the free throw line. Break the record at home.
Won't happen this way but I'd like to see him tie it and then clank the next one saying after the game "That record needs to forever belong to Chris Street and whoever can tie him."

I think a big reason why apathy is starting to set in with some posters is not the losing, but the way we seem to find a new way to lose almost every night. We've gone over defense and effort ad nauseum, but damn, the Gophs rolled over after that 20-2 start and we still lose because out two most consistent offensive threats combine for six points. We lose to Indiana partially because Cook's 29 can't offset Moss taking the afternoon off. Bad free throw shooting has cost us; not getting to the line has cost us other nights. It's the sign of a young team with limited upper class leadership but at this time of the year these players aren't young anymore. This year's freshman and sophomores will be next year's sophomores and juniors. If they don't go Lickliter 2009 on us.

Latest posts