The Official So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good bye to UNI game thread

Good win by the Hawks! Nice to see them commit to defending again today. Couple sloppy turnovers in the second half, but it's still nice to live in a Hawkeye state!

Good win. Nice effort tonight. Keep it going we need all of these upcoming wins before restarting B1G play.

Much of our defense was man to man last night as well. Showed zone only on intermittent occasions.

Actually forced Jacobson, a staunch man to man proponent, to go zone. Iowa promptly burned it when they found Kreiner in the short corner who passed to Cook in the lane for another dunk. On another occasion Moss was in the lane and found Cook in the short corner for a dunk but I think Panthers were man that possession.

Speaking of Moss, he is seeing the floor better, improving his passing and assist totals. He can be more dangerous if he looks to drive and dish.

Bohannon (!) may have had his best defensive game as a Hawkeye, sticking with AJ Green much of the night and frustrating him into poor shooting.

Bohannon (!) may have had his best defensive game as a Hawkeye, sticking with AJ Green much of the night and frustrating him into poor shooting.

AJ Green is a true Freshman, so I won't get too hyped about shutting him down. I will say that Jordan's denial defense was superb in this game. I sincerely hope that Jordan can internalize his contribution last night. This years team doesn't need Jordan to score 20+ points. What we need from Jordan this year is exactly what we got last night. Hit a couple open 3's. Ball security and distribution and sticky man defense with great off ball denial. This team will win most games that we can disrupt the PG play.

AJ Green is a true Freshman, so I won't get too hyped about shutting him down. I will say that Jordan's denial defense was superb in this game. I sincerely hope that Jordan can internalize his contribution last night. This years team doesn't need Jordan to score 20+ points. What we need from Jordan this year is exactly what we got last night. Hit a couple open 3's. Ball security and distribution and sticky man defense with great off ball denial. This team will win most games that we can disrupt the PG play.
Our meal ticket is Cook and Garza. We should be looking down there every possession. When Wiescamp comes of age that's another option. Bohannon's role should be exactly what is was last night (plus he is sort of handy when you need free throw shooting late)

Having Connor around takes a lot of pressure of Jordon. Although Connor struggled a bit last night, but was spectacular against ISU.