The Official Old Chief Wooden Heads vs the Fighting Fran's Game Thread

I was at that infamous game where Illinois fans clandestinely bought an entire section of tickets @ CHA, remained incognito until Illinois was announced, then shed their outer garments for orange.

(That event and dollar hot dog nights were my highlights attending Lickliter games).

Almost hanging a Benjamin on them today was sweet.

I was at that infamous game where Illinois fans clandestinely bought an entire section of tickets @ CHA, remained incognito until Illinois was announced, then shed their outer garments for orange.

(That event and dollar hot dog nights were my highlights attending Lickliter games).

Almost hanging a Benjamin on them today was sweet.

Didn't their "orange out' take place under Alford's watch?

My decrepit memory thinks it was TL since the attendance was so bogus Iowa was just glad a lot of tickets were sold.

But I was there....and was sober ;)

I think that it was under licklighter's watch as well. I was supposed to be there but gave my tickets to my son. That was the last year I attended any games

I was at that game as well, but don't recall whether it was Alford or Lick. Does not matter. We are rid of both of them.

I was at that game as well, but don't recall whether it was Alford or Lick. Does not matter. We are rid of both of them.

Actually it does matter and likely will continue to matter for decades as they effectively destroyed what Iowa had built during half-a-century of hard work before . . .

1d07kb.jpg

. . . arrived

Feb 4 2010
Barta was probably in that mob reaching for his pink slip.

The true beginning of the end. Humiliating losses to Wisconsin and Minnesota would soon follow, followed by a quick and quiet exit in the BTT, followed by the inevitable. Iowa basketball had sunk to a level not seen since pre Lute, if then.

Actually it does matter and likely will continue to matter for decades as they effectively destroyed what Iowa had built during half-a-century of hard work before . . .

1d07kb.jpg

. . . arrived

This is a good, accurate post. Please remember it when a bunch of idiots on this board want Ferentz fired when he goes 5-7 or 4-8

Barta was probably in that mob reaching for his pink slip.

The true beginning of the end. Humiliating losses to Wisconsin and Minnesota would soon follow, followed by a quick and quiet exit in the BTT, followed by the inevitable. Iowa basketball had sunk to a level not seen since pre Lute, if then.

Licks response was something along the lines of “at least they paid to get in”.

But, yeah, Barta was not happy.