The Official Old Chief Wooden Heads vs the Fighting Fran's Game Thread

It is a different team......they will get the W.
This is the game that everyone has been saying could happen but never does. When all the Hawkeye's are hitting on all cylinders. The only exceptions being Kriener and Garza, but Garza is hitting everything else. Just Kreiners day to be the goat. He did it when we needed him against PSU. Can't wait to MS, gonna take my stepson, I'll probable be ejected I'm so pumped for payback.!

I agree, I’ve always loved debating with that dude, he finally unblocked me but someone said him and Rob might have tangled last week. IDK

There seemed to be a fracas of sorts

Not necessarily over the top though

However, repeated offenses sometimes pile up

Just have to take Lightning with a grain of salt

Or a couple of grains because he is a salty one

R-10440993-1497495433-7374.jpeg.jpg

:cool:

Just saw Moss make a three at the halftime buzzer after a very nice pass from CMac.....

Joe 4 for 4 from the three

He is getting more and more comfortable with the game and his upside is enormous

Hawks keep it going and going

Brutal stretch coming up

First one down is the gophers

Great game. Fun to watch.

I didn't watch the last 4 and was debating not watching again to keep the streak going, but it doesn't look like its me. So I will start watching again.

Tomorrow's newspaper headline.

"Word To The Wies, These Hawks Are Good!"

Was in attendance and here are my thoughts.

• Suffocating first half defense. Illinois was settling
  • Great stretches of man to man defense.
  • Illinois was playing physical defense, but was having trouble getting out to the corners, where Joe and Isiah feasted.
  • Moss's first half buzzer beater clearly propelled second half. He is also seeing the floor and driving more aggressive.
  • We were baiting Illinois and setting up open shooters. Most of those shots were in rythym and we'll set with pin point passes in the shooting pocket. You can tell they spend a lot of time working on this simple fundamental in practice.
  • Tyler looked rusty, but got it out of his system which could spell trouble for Sparty.
  • Early second half three point barrage pretty much decided the game which made any further evaluation more or less a waste of time.
  • Wiescamp is the complete package and our best overall player right now. No doubt about it.
  • Decent crowd for a cold day, early start. Maybe 1,000 empty seats.
  • They won't be empty Thursday! And Sparty will be coming into a hornets nest.
  • Our schedule is setting up nice. Maryland and Michigan at home with no return game, East Lansing and West Lafayette already the rear view.
  • This team's experience is showing.
  • Kriener will bounce back against Sparty.
  • That is all...

I absolutely Hate the style of BB being played by Ill annoy. Yeah, the officials have called a lot of fouls on them, but they could have called at least a 1/2 dozen more. The good news is that Iowa is a lot bigger and stronger and more physical, so we have prevailed so far. Hopefully, IL will be in so much foul trouble in the second half that they will fade out of the picture.
Which is exactly what happened.