The Official Live From MSG Hawks beat MU Game Thread

unless this team becomes a better defensive unit and we do not get a good point guard nothing much is changing.

Haven't followed it that closely, has there been any "rumors" of any players possibly transferring out?

I think Ellingson is a lock to grad transfer. He got less minutes this year than he did last year and Iowa is bringing in two more shooting guards. The writing's on the wall basically

I don't think anyone else leaves. I think Cook tests the NBA waters like Jok did his junior year, and then returns.

I think Ellingson is a lock to grad transfer. He got less minutes this year than he did last year and Iowa is bringing in two more shooting guards. The writing's on the wall basically

I don't think anyone else leaves. I think Cook tests the NBA waters like Jok did his junior year, and then returns.
At this point, this is probably the most likely situation, but if Cook and let's say Dailey leave (rumors mentioned his name), Ellingson might stick around, because why not?

At this point, this is probably the most likely situation, but if Cook and let's say Dailey leave (rumors mentioned his name), Ellingson might stick around, because why not?

yeah who knows, maybe he likes it here. I just assume he'd want to go to a mid major and get some actually minutes.

Is Dailey really rumored to leave? Guess he kinda upped his stock this year, but man I'm still not sure where he'd go.

yeah who knows, maybe he likes it here. I just assume he'd want to go to a mid major and get some actually minutes.

Is Dailey really rumored to leave? Guess he kinda upped his stock this year, but man I'm still not sure where he'd go.
I saw the rumor, but who the hell knows the legitimacy of it? I wonder if any of these transfer rumors are possibly tied to Williams at all. To be a fly on the wall...

Never seen an Iowa basketball, sloppily, turn it over, as much as this team.

JBo could be better at the 2 position.
Garza was better than expected.
Cook was the stud we thought he would be.

Kriener a nice surprise.
Baer seemed to regress.

Yep, though I hesitate to criticize Baer too much. He really over-delivered last year and as a walk-on any contribution is delivering above expectations. Guess I'm a sucker for the underdog thing

When you look at a core of JBo/Cook/Garza/Nunge/Moss and envision all of them improving (especially if Moss can be more consistent) this team could be much better with the addition of the incoming Freshman and healthy Connor. The perfect storm would include the miraculous delivery of a Juco or Grad transfer point guard to play along side JBo.

We'll find out what kind of coach Fran is.

Yep, though I hesitate to criticize Baer too much. He really over-delivered last year and as a walk-on any contribution is delivering above expectations. Guess I'm a sucker for the underdog thing

When you look at a core of JBo/Cook/Garza/Nunge/Moss and envision all of them improving (especially if Moss can be more consistent) this team could be much better with the addition of the incoming Freshman and healthy Connor. The perfect storm would include the miraculous delivery of a Juco or Grad transfer point guard to play along side JBo.

We'll find out what kind of coach Fran is.
I thought Fran choked a bit in OT. I know he likes to play a bunch of guys....Im ok with that but for the life of me dont sit out a guy who has a hot hand. Kreiner was a tough match up and he seemed to have it going. No show in OT until Garza fouled out and then it was too late. What kind of coach is Fran?? Clueless maybe in tight situations