The Official Live From MSG Hawks beat MU Game Thread

SidFarkas

It’s says official. I get a discount now on all HN Gear for 2018.

Maryland fans here in solid #’s. They can’t believe they are behind to Wisky.
I don’t blame them.
Turgeon is a whiny bitch.

This thread might be a bit thin given the game time. I'll be trying to stream off the side of my desk.

Wisky has this thing slowed to a W34th St traffic crawl

Exactly what Iowa should do to just about every team it faces -- s l o w w w w d o w w w n .
(Notice the extra w's ... that's what would happen if Iowa did this.)
(PC has been saying this all BIG 4-teen season and most dopes here vilify him. I've "liked" it everytime, PC.)

Iowa is not gonna beat Michigan (or any above-average team) in a run-n-gun shooting match. Because every single Hawkeye absolutely SUCKS at defense, rebounding positioning, and consistent effort in both, their best "defense" is to try to avoid playing it ... limit the opponents offensive touches. They need to go Ferentz-esque ball control and extend their own offensive possessions.

Now, that doesn't mean dribble around (like they starting doing many times against Illannoy.) It means, PASS the ball and move without the ball to get open.

I'm dumbfounded how the coaches have no recognition of how this helter-skelter, up and down strategy is an absolute contributor to why Iowa is so out of position and discombobulated on defense. That and the hedging / help philosophy they employ is such a mismatch to the abilities of this team. It wears them out and reduces the margin for error to a sliver.

g1492788526741336475.jpg

LOL. It is an activity day here. Kids are working on a project. I have the game on my computer. Perfect day for watching Iowa

Exactly what Iowa should do to just about every team it faces -- s l o w w w w d o w w w n .
(Notice the extra w's ... that's what would happen if Iowa did this.)
(PC has been saying this all BIG 4-teen season and most dopes here vilify him. I've "liked" it everytime, PC.)

Iowa is not gonna beat Michigan (or any above-average team) in a run-n-gun shooting match. Because every single Hawkeye absolutely SUCKS at defense, rebounding positioning, and consistent effort in both, their best "defense" is to try to avoid playing it ... limit the opponents offensive touches. They need to go Ferentz-esque ball control and extend their own offensive possessions.

Now, that doesn't mean dribble around (like they starting doing many times against Illannoy.) It means, PASS the ball and move without the ball to get open.

I'm dumbfounded how the coaches have no recognition of how this helter-skelter, up and down strategy is an absolute contributor to why Iowa is so out of position and discombobulated on defense. That and the hedging / help philosophy they employ is such a mismatch to the abilities of this team. It wears them out and reduces the margin for error to a sliver.

I'm pretty sure it was just one cyclone fan arguing with me but thanks for the support!

I have my personal laptop setup next to my work dual monitors and I'm streaming on guest wi-fi so I'm not on the company network. Working great so far, knock on wood.

This Michigan team isn’t as good as some of their recent teams. If we match yesterday’s intensity and take better care of the ball we can beat these guys. Need Michigan to have an off day shooting from 3. Good luck with that. Prediction Michigan 84 Hawks 75. Season ends

Latest posts