The Official Iowa destroys Northwestern in BTT game thread.

aight, save some of this for tomorrow.
Yes and no.

In one and done situations there are zero style points. If you survive and advance it doesn't matter how pretty or ugly it was.

I think it's just as important to stay on the throttle and rest some legs for tomorrow (and hopefully beyond).

Bohannon and Sandfort should have seen more playing time vs IL In my opinion. That opportunity may come again soon.
Illinois' backcourt is quick and athletic but not big.

Perkins was posting some of those guys up, and killing it on the boards. If Sandfort can continue to take his game inside he could be a matchup nightmare for them.

B1G tourney records broken by Hawks today: PTs in a game, # 3's made, FG's made, margin of victory.

Sweet.

Old farts said the same thing about Les Jepsen for three years. But Josh has his work cut out for him.
Old farts? Pretty much everybody...and they were largely right. He had a good Senior year, that's all. Though he was a bit of a crowd favorite.

JO is way behind even where Jepsen was as a Soph. Last year was largely a free pass, he got here late and out of shape with all the COVID B.S. so give him a year. Fair enough. Well, year 2 doesn't look much different than year 1...and it's almost over. He's still nowhere close to basketball shape.

Back to the good news. That was CRAZY today....WOW! I still can't get over how smooth and effortless Keegan makes it look. If they stay hot this team could make some noise!

rewatch the game. NW purposely took off the press, so Iowa could let the clock run out. When the clock ran down, the instinct is to shoot the ball and he did. Fran felt bad because he likely didn’t want him to shoot but what do you expect? And his team celebrated so it increased the embarrassing moment for him and his staff. But how mad can he be, he’s happy for that kid, he made a shot in the B1G tournament and can say that for life. I think Fran cleared it up in the hand shake line.

Latest posts