The OFFICIAL Fire Kirk and Bart a thread!

cincyhawk

If you want a change, two things need to happen - Kirk needs to go and so does Barta. The goal of this thread is to keep it on the front page till they are gone.

I support finding the best coach for the job. If you want them gone, put the thing you dislike the most about Kirkball:

QB evaluation mistakes: Banks, Stanzi, CJB, represent four seasons of suck that didn't have to, because they were on the bench behind Qbs who gave Iowa the best chance to win.

Keep it going guys.

Recruiting MAC level talent to play in the B1G, and horrible, horrible personnel decisions and game day coaching. Actually I cant think of anything Captain clueless does well. Maybe chew gum? Whole staff and Barta should be gone now.

KF and Barta may need to go. The power of a message board is #199 on the list of things that will make that happen.

1) donor pressure/big money funding
2) TV revenues
3) game attendance
4) merchandise / licensing revenue
5) multiple consecutive sub .600 years.

2 thru 5, unfortunately, means Iowa Fans have to pay the price and either give up supporting a team the love, or endure multiple awful years....again.

Big Money donors....it's the only way.

I can't take the GERD I am getting watching Hawk football anymore. So much utter disappointment.

I am fairly certian Kurt is going to outlast Barta, but make no mistake about it, Kurt is going to be the coach here for at least 2 more seasons. It sucks but it is what it is. And that's why Barta will be gone sooner rather than later.

What once was Ladell Betts and Colin Cole playing lights out for a weak team has grown into a moribund, boring offense that underperforms. There have been offensive issues for about 4 years.

The blue print is there to recruit freddy russell, albert lewis, damian sims type runners who can cut back and still have some power. They had a pair in wegher and robinson but they got used up or lost.

If KF cant get Wadley or Canzeri cutting back next year for some big chain moving runs and mix in a healthy Daniels or other power runner to get some big 5-8 yard runs then I dont think KF can do it anymore.

If KF cant loosen up the passing game and use some simple routes like slants and comeback patterns along with throwing it downfield consistently then he has lost touch with how to score points.

His offense is too boring and sluggish to bring fans to Kinnick and top 25 rankings.

KF and Barta may need to go. The power of a message board is #199 on the list of things that will make that happen.

1) donor pressure/big money funding
2) TV revenues
3) game attendance
4) merchandise / licensing revenue
5) multiple consecutive sub .600 years.

2 thru 5, unfortunately, means Iowa Fans have to pay the price and either give up supporting a team the love, or endure multiple awful years....again.

Big Money donors....it's the only way.

#199? So you're saying we gotta chance?

Seriously, though. I don't expect change for several years yet and by that time this programs will have slid to the bottom of the B1G, bouncing back and forth between 5-7 & 7-5 with regular losses to isu.:mad:

I will kick in my $4500.00 that I would have spent on tickets next year to buy out his contract. If we can just get another 4,000 people to do the same.

And to make things worse:

Nebraska fired their coach and has a head start in hiring their next. This will make the pool of qualified candidates smaller. And Iowa's program is in a worse state than Nebraska's by any objective measurement. Needs to happen now.

Latest posts