The official don't plummet into the Grand Canyon Iowa like Wile e Coyote Game thread

offense was good... need to play a lot better defense.

our interior defense has not been good lately... post players scoring very easily.

Iowa was going to extend him either way. That’s the part that’s so funny that you don’t get and it’s a good deal for us fans because we getta continue to have a good basketball program
Of course they did, because Barta already did it.

We agree that an extension should happen. We just disagree on the timing of it.

And, as I have also stated, Fran should get a 2 year deal with increased pay and incentives regardless because of recruiting and for performance if they do not get out of the first weekend. A longer contract for a long run.

But, it could have waited.

We would likely have a good basketball program without Fran as well....provided we got another guy in here that played a similar system and buys into the culture.

Of course they did, because Barta already did it.

And, as I have also stated, Fran should get a 2 year deal with increased pay and incentives regardless because of recruiting and for performance if they do not get out of the first weekend.

But, it could have waited.

We would likely have a good basketball program without Fran as well....provided we got another guy in here that played a similar system and buys into the culture.
Not ones that can get 2 seeds, that’s pretty rare here

Not ones that can get 2 seeds, that’s pretty rare here
I have more faith in that. Iowa's attractive right now and will only get more attractive with a deep run. But, like I said, we would have locked Fran up anyway if that happens. And we should.

But, Fran is not the only game in town for Iowa if he ever parted ways.

I have more faith in that. Iowa's attractive right now and will only get more attractive with a deep run. But, like I said, we would have locked Fran up anyway if that happens. And we should.

Of course not, but again, you don’t run off good coaches. That’s bad business. Fran has proven he can be successful here and repeat it. You’re wrong. It’s ok to be wrong. You are, and will be no matter what.

You're kidding, right?

If you expected a bigger blowout win then you just aren't paying attention to this tournament. There are no easy wins. These teams are here for a reason! Just ask Virginia right now!!

Let’s ask Howe, The Diesel or the ole On Iowa dudes if this was a good move by Iowa. I already know the answer

Of course not, but again, you don’t run off good coaches. That’s bad business. Fran has proven he can be successful here and repeat it. You’re wrong. It’s ok to be wrong. You are, and will be no matter what.
Again, you are twisting the argument. I'm not running off Fran and I'm extending him either way. But, I'm also not giving to give him a deal that he has not deserved yet. That is bad business. A long run with a tangible accomplishment, why then yes, more than happy.

I think Fran has been more than rewarded for the rebuild going back to his first years. Now, it is about moving the program forward beyond that. And the first hurdle of this tourney has been passed. Still more work to do.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Regardless, Barta did what he did and it will either work out well or not so well.

Might be one of the tallest teams in the tourney was GCU, Oregon will be a much faster team, all I know if they knew (VCU) they had COVID they should have been replaced. Had to be very recent.

Let’s ask Howe, The Diesel or the ole On Iowa dudes if this was a good move by Iowa. I already know the answer
Of course they are going to back the deal....they have a conflict of interest and they know what happens if they fall out of line.

Of course they are going to back the deal....they have a conflict of interest and they know what happens if they fall out of line.
You can’t possibly think that, and none of those guys hold back. I sometimes wonder if your over the age of 15

Latest posts