The NW Marching Band should be barred from Kinnick Stadium

DuffMan

We should bar the NW marching band from ever comming into Kinnick Stadium again. They were single handedly responsible for the F in the ANF logo not appearing. They clearly and uniformly refused to participate in the card stunt.

Check out the 2:16 mark on the youtube vid. And don't tell me they didn't have time to participate or it was accidental. They managed to get the star right during the anthem just fine as evidenced at the :58 second mark.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxYiEUTqK3Y[/ame]

Last edited:
Non-issue.

If the situation were reversed and it was the Iowa band at Northwestern and they had a card stunt promoting NW/state of Illinois, and the Iowa band participated, you would be up in arms about it.

Non-issue.

If the situation were reversed and it was the Iowa band at Northwestern and they had a card stunt promoting NW/state of Illinois, and the Iowa band participated, you would be up in arms about it.

There aren't famers in Illannoy?

Can you blame people from a rival school to not want to participate in the black and gold Go Hawks part of the show? Would you participate in a purple and white Go Cats card stunt if you were sitting in Evanston? I wouldn't.

The people in the charge of the cards should have known better and planned accordingly.

I dont know why they had to be there taking up valuable space anyway! I'm just glad we won because last time they beat us at Kinnick their fans jumped on the field to celebrate. That was just sacrilegious!

My question is how are a block of visiting fans sitting there recently when the guests' band does not come? For both the Wisky and OSU games last year that area was filled with Badger and Buckeye students.

My question is how are a block of visiting fans sitting there recently when the guests' band does not come? For both the Wisky and OSU games last year that area was filled with Badger and Buckeye students.

If a school decides to send the band their tickets come out of the visiting allotment.

So the section behind the north endzone goalpost is always a part of the visitors alottment of tickets? I guess I never knew that.

It is, and it's typically the last part of the allotment that the teams sell because they are the least desirable seats. In many cases the visiting team returns these tickets and Iowa then sells them.

strongly agree with the OP's sentiments here. no overreaction - i'm sure it was in the staff's key game preparations.......wonder what other subterfuge occurred that we are unaware of??

Latest posts