The Locker Room Strikes Again

Clearly he has a COEXIST bumper sticker on his car, to signify his tolerance for all persons, as he sets out to voice his intolerance for people who do not have the same point of view as he (misguided as he may be as to why the locker room is pink in the first place, but that, alas, is immaterial to him, the cause is bigger than the circumstance). I do love people who righteously and militantly preach tolerance, providing you think the same way as them.

I used to HATE those "COEXIST" bumper stickers for being hypocritical tripe too until I realized that - logically - "all religions are valid" is deliciously close to "no religions are valid!" Now I get a little smile on my face each time I see one! :)

As far as the stupid locker room goes, I would just as soon paint over it and focus on the football and our myriad more entertaining/less controversial traditions. I have been pro "let's treat homosexuals like they are (gasp!) human beings" since WAY before that was the cool thing to do, but even I find the connection between the pink locker room and homophobia to be pretty thin at best. That said, I tend to think of this in material terms - honestly, how many wins do you think the pink locker room is worth? How many recruits do you think the pink locker room has been the deciding factor for? How many donors would withdraw support if the locker room was, say, green? On the other side of that coin, what sort of liability does the pink locker room represent for the program/school? Compared to the material benefit (which I estimate to be virtually nil), it's quite a large liability. The professors & press are able to spin it to make out supporters of the team/locker room to be homophobes. The university/athletic dept could easily be sued for this - I wouldn't want to lose a single dime over something as dumb as the color of the visiting locker room. College football is probably the most tradition laden sport around and Iowa is no exception. There is a HUGE long list of traditions ahead of the damned locker room I would be MUCH more bummed to lose.

Is it a fun tradition? Sure. Does the assertion of it being some kind of blatant homophobic assault seem kind of contrived to me? Yeah. Could I be just as happy watching the game this Saturday without having the distraction of the damned thing being a bone of contention YET AGAIN? HELL YES. It's not like we are talking about selling the naming rights to the stadium to Iowa State or something. Sometimes in situations like this it's best to just cut bait and focus on moving on/having fun.

I would love to see Hayden's facial expressions every time he reads an article about the lockeroom... that should be the real story

tZOS8.gif

Clearly he has a COEXIST bumper sticker on his car, to signify his tolerance for all persons, as he sets out to voice his intolerance for people who do not have the same point of view as he (misguided as he may be as to why the locker room is pink in the first place, but that, alas, is immaterial to him, the cause is bigger than the circumstance). I do love people who righteously and militantly preach tolerance, providing you think the same way as them.

THIS

Has anyone seen him on Twitter Hawkize and others have called him out, and his comebacks make him sound like a ten yr old girl. "I know you are but what am I" type comebacks. I cant believe hes a college professor.

It was meant to create a calming and passive feeling in the opponent. If this guy instinctively views the color pink as sexist and homophobic, then I believe that makes him sexist and homophobic... And probably a racist... And likely takes up two parking spots at the supermarket too!! Doosh.

Wasn't this "pink lockers are mean" complaint just brought up about 5 years ago by some U of I prof? I wonder if it was the same guy or if they take turns?

Just put up a breast cancer awareness sign in the locker room, then anybody who argues against the locker-room looks like a jerk who supports cancer.

That's a great idea. Where did this d-bag professor come from, Gilligans Island.

This guy's base salary was $87,100 it looks like last year. On the bright side, Guess its not as bad as what we wasted on Lickliter, but still decent coin to act like a moron.

Latest posts