The List: What Kind of Coach Do I Want to See?

This item will go live at midnight...the 2 thru 5 item, with several others listed.

Don't let me down here. I will be checking at midnight. I can't get enough of this stuff. I, like everyone else am hoping Barta will get it right and restore the Iowa Basketball program I grew up obsessing over. Not this crap that I don't even watch unless I have nothing better to do. I used to get the schedule, and put it on MY monthly calendar, and before making plans, I checked to make sure the Hawks didn't have a game. Anymore, I don't care. I want to care again. And I think everyone else does too (insert this site's traffic numbers for the last 48 hours).

Jon: I believe that Iowa was top 25 in attendance from 1978 to 2006,right?
One thing I did do was look at Keno's recruiting since he has arrived at Providence...not bad really. He has some texas guys,and then east coast..at least 3 four star guys in two years. He might be more of an energetic recruiter than Mr. Davis?

Don't let me down here. I will be checking at midnight. I can't get enough of this stuff. I, like everyone else am hoping Barta will get it right and restore the Iowa Basketball program I grew up obsessing over. Not this crap that I don't even watch unless I have nothing better to do. I used to get the schedule, and put it on MY monthly calendar, and before making plans, I checked to make sure the Hawks didn't have a game. Anymore, I don't care. I want to care again. And I think everyone else does too (insert this site's traffic numbers for the last 48 hours).

I was a wrestler in high school completely obsessed with both Iowa wrestling and basketball, how many high school wrestlers in the state of Iowa do you think love both teams today?

Freddy, I think tom's system allowed for lesser talent teams to rise above their individual talents

A guy like May could really flourish in this system. The "flex" has more structure and could hide some of his shortcomings on offense. And then on defense you get his length and athleticism in the "55".

A guy like May could really flourish in this system. The "flex" has more structure and could hide some of his shortcomings on offense. And then on defense you get his length and athleticism in the "55".

A high energy, athletic, long-armed guy like Eric would be terrific near the front of the press.

Here is the list from ESPN insider, I just read this thread so sorry if it has already been posted.

Fresh blood needed in Iowa City

* Brad Stevens - Does Stevens become the next Butler coach to take his gig to the Big Ten?
* Ben Jacobson - UNI coach has built an extremely successful program in the Valley; seems to be the only popular DI coach in the state.
* Joe Dooley - Kansas assistant has been a potential candidate for every single coaching vacancy in 2010 (or so it seems).
* Daniyal Robinson - Iowa State assistant was on the short list to replace Jim Crews at Army.
* Tim Jankovich - Star Osiris Eldridge is graduating and with heavy rebuilding project in front of him, may want to take the next step.
* Brad Soderberg - Former Saint Louis coach landed in the NAIA and could be a breath of air.

Here is the list from ESPN insider, I just read this thread so sorry if it has already been posted.

* Brad Stevens - Does Stevens become the next Butler coach to take his gig to the Big Ten?
* Ben Jacobson - UNI coach has built an extremely successful program in the Valley; seems to be the only popular DI coach in the state.
* Joe Dooley - Kansas assistant has been a potential candidate for every single coaching vacancy in 2010 (or so it seems).
* Daniyal Robinson - Iowa State assistant was on the short list to replace Jim Crews at Army.
* Tim Jankovich - Star Osiris Eldridge is graduating and with heavy rebuilding project in front of him, may want to take the next step.
* Brad Soderberg - Former Saint Louis coach landed in the NAIA and could be a breath of air.
I hope nobody shows that list to GB

WTF is that? Clearly shows how low the Iowa job is perceived from the outside. Nothing a fat wallet can't fix.

3 midmajor coaches and 3 assistants. ESPN seems to not think too to highly of our coaching job. But in the infamous words of Steve Alford, "this is freakin Iowa." It might not be everyone's top choice but there is a way to get coaches here. It's called a check with lots of zeroes.

When you start of a list with Brad Stevens how do you take the rest of this list seriously? Has any school ever hired a coach from a midmajor only to have him fail and hire as his replacement a coach from that same major. You know, sometimes its the program not the coach. And after the disaster that has been Greg McDermott no one wants Ben Jacobson, especially since the guy basically plays slow chuck up three points type basketball.

I have not read a single message board post that had a list even as close to bad as the one ESPN put out, but I guess that's why the person writing it was getting paid...

The only coach on that list I am interested in is Dooley. The rest? No thanks

LOL. I'm sure glad these guys aren't running our coaching search.

Anymore ESPN knows about as much this as my two year old. They report any and every rumor. Pay NO attention.

Latest posts