The Lick Hater crybabies can stuff it

Where are the Lick haters now? This team played its guts out tonight and blew out Indiana in front of 16,000 on its home floor. We murdered them on the boards and outworked them from the opening tip. Did you listen to Tom Crean after the game? Fuller, May, Cougill and Payne were incredible. 3 of them are freshmen!!!

Iowa basketball is developing a different personality with these young players. If you are an Iowa fan, show up Wednesday against Ohio State. We will play them tough!

We beat a 8-11 (0-7) Penn State team at home and a 9-10 (3-4) Indiana team, Iowa basketball is back and Coach Lick will be Big Ten coach of the year :). I like the improvement, but calm down you are just as confused as the Lick haters.

This was a solid win against a young but talented and improving opponent, in their house. Lickliter and the team should feel happy about that. There's still a lot of room for improvement. Leave it at that.

Where are the Lick haters now? This team played its guts out tonight and blew out Indiana in front of 16,000 on its home floor. We murdered them on the boards and outworked them from the opening tip. Did you listen to Tom Crean after the game? Fuller, May, Cougill and Payne were incredible. 3 of them are freshmen!!!

Iowa basketball is developing a different personality with these young players. If you are an Iowa fan, show up Wednesday against Ohio State. We will play them tough!

Thanks for the obligatory "Where are the Lick haters now?" post that shows up after EVERY win. You did not disappoint. Kudos to you.

Here are the RPI rankings of the teams Iowa has beaten.

Bowling Green 150
NC Central 345
Prarie View 264
Drake 190
S. Car. St. 258
Tenn. St. 287
PSU 220
Indiana 214

Wow, that says a lot. Granted, I have been starting to feel better after the last few games...including the decent game at MSU. However, let's see if they can beat a top 100 team now.

I think it is pretty evident that Lick can coach and that the "system" can work just fine (and be fun to watch when it is working). Now we need to wait another year or so to see how things look when the Hawks have a full bench (still like to see another point guard added to the mix). This team is very young, thin and undersized. Keep the current players with the four recruits and I have to believe we will see the corner turned.

Here are the RPI rankings of the teams Iowa has beaten.

Bowling Green 150
NC Central 345
Prarie View 264
Drake 190
S. Car. St. 258
Tenn. St. 287
PSU 220
Indiana 214

You are correct, but a win on the road in the Big Ten is a big deal for this team. Indiana is not a great team, but they have beaten MI and MN on their home court. Iowa appeared in control of the game the whole way, so I take that as a very good sign of improvement.

Had to bring this back. It seems like eons ago

ChosenChildren ... we (the Lick haters) are still here ... That was some performance last night, huh? See how we dominated the boards and ran the court against a superior athletic Northwestern team! ... As the realists knew ... Indiana is flat out bad this year .. Beating them was not much more impressive than beating ... well .. anyone ...

Keep drinking the koolaid but eventually you will get full ... Has to be hard to come up with pretty lame excuses on why the remaining five of you still think Lick is going to get it done. This is a fact .. Lick will be fired ... It just won't be this season ...

ChosenChildren ... we (the Lick haters) are still here ... That was some performance last night, huh? See how we dominated the boards and ran the court against a superior athletic Northwestern team! ... As the realists knew ... Indiana is flat out bad this year .. Beating them was not much more impressive than beating ... well .. anyone ...

Keep drinking the koolaid but eventually you will get full ... Has to be hard to come up with pretty lame excuses on why the remaining five of you still think Lick is going to get it done. This is a fact .. Lick will be fired ... It just won't be this season ...

Easy on the ChoChile, dude. He was just saying support Iowa Basketball, which means everything and everyone involved. If Lick is in over his head, and he may very well be, he will be gone soon enough. To hate Lick for taking on the monumental task of bringing back Iowa basketball from the depths it had sunk to under Nealford, is just wrong. Don't be a loser. We have enough of that on court this year.

So Lick has brought the program back from the depths of Alford. I must be reading the wrong papers, looking at the wrong TV's, and misinterpreting the won loss records for the last 3 years and the 8 before that. Are you in LA-LA land?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEE BAAACKKKKKK........

Easy on the ChoChile, dude. He was just saying support Iowa Basketball, which means everything and everyone involved. If Lick is in over his head, and he may very well be, he will be gone soon enough. To hate Lick for taking on the monumental task of bringing back Iowa basketball from the depths it had sunk to under Nealford, is just wrong. Don't be a loser. We have enough of that on court this year.

Support everyone and everything involved? So, I should continue to show my support and spend my money for a shi**y product? I don't hate Lick ... I have met him on a couple of occasions. He is a good guy ... I think I am a good guy, too, but I don't think I should be coaching the UNiversity of Iowa basketball team.

OK, first you call yourself a Lick Hater (your previous post on this thread) and now you don't hate him & he is a good guy. :confused:

Really .. you are confused?? I don't hate Lick as a person. I do hate him as our coach ... I think my last message was pretty clear ...

Not to flame, but anyone who gets on here and tells those of us who are tired of Lick to stuff it after we reached another all time low needs a lesson in reality.