The Latest on Tyler Cook's NBA Draft Decision

It's OK if you would make your decision based on that. That doesn't mean he's doing the same thing. So, that might not be any help to him.

What is the defining question for him - whether he'll get drafted, more specifically, whether he'll get drafted in the first round? Without that type of certainty, going pro on the chance you might get drafted seems like a bad long term choice. There are a number of guys who declare and then get bypassed in the draft. If I was Tyler, and I didn't have a near certainty coming from an NBA team, I'd want to talk to as many of those guys who came out, didn't get drafted and ask them if they'd do it differently. But, I'm not Tyler Cook, and my decision is only hypothetical.

I saw this in an article. I have no reason to doubt the accuracy of the statistic:

There were 323 players who appeared in a G League game last season [2016-2017 season] and 37 of them earned call ups, so roughly 11.5 percent realized their dream of playing in the NBA.

What I don't know is how many of those call ups were long term deals or those 10 day contracts. For example, Uthoff got a call up, and was kept through the end of last season, was traded and now can't get a sniff in the NBA.

Tough business.

Does anyone really believe he's coming back?

Even if he announces that he's coming back tonight, I'll still have my doubts that he'll end up in an Iowa uniform again. It seems to me he wants to be a professional and done with school. Once you get to that point, I'm not sure there is any turning back.

Even if he announces that he's coming back tonight, I'll still have my doubts that he'll end up in an Iowa uniform again. It seems to me he wants to be a professional and done with school. Once you get to that point, I'm not sure there is any turning back.
I anxiously await the day when you are able to accept the fact that Tyler will be playing for Iowa next year.