The last thread on McCall

bb4hawks

If this was said when it all went down I apologize but I heard this this morning and wanted to share. Seems like Mika'il had a hard time making it to class. Well, how about never went to class. This would explain or at least shed some light into his suspension and transfer. Not something that can be released by KF or the university.

If this was said when it all went down I apologize but I heard this this morning and wanted to share. Seems like Mika'il had a hard time making it to class. Well, how about never went to class. This would explain or at least shed some light into his suspension and transfer. Not something that can be released by KF or the university.

Ferentz just can't relate to the modern athlete.......And Erb is a disaster - can't build a relationship with his players to prevent this kind of thing......

;)

Ferentz just can't relate to the modern athlete.......And Erb is a disaster - can't build a relationship with his players to prevent this kind of thing......

;)

Fire them. I can believe that the ferentz apologists would want a student athlete to be a student also.

;)

I thought Ejiasi's (sp?) role was to hold hands and skip with these kids to all of their classes. Obviously he failed.

The kid picked the wrong school then if he thought he could get away with that. Probably why he saw no playing time. He should have gone SEC. Alot of kids think they are going to be pros,never thinking of plan B. If he never goes to class, then I can imagine what else he is getting into.

I thought Ejiasi's (sp?) role was to hold hands and skip with these kids to all of their classes. Obviously he failed.

If you're a student, it's on you to get to class. People can help with that, but ultimately, the personal responsibility is on the student athlete.

I think McCall went to the wrong school. Some universities actually have rules. Iowa is one of them.

If you're a student, it's on you to get to class. People can help with that, but ultimately, the personal responsibility is on the student athlete.

I think McCall went to the wrong school. Some universities actually have rules. Iowa is one of them.

Sarcasm detector turned off today bike boy? ;)

You are right. The coaches have no responsibility over their department besides fundamentals and x's and o's. You guys are clueless.

You are right. The coaches have no responsibility over their department besides fundamentals and x's and o's. You guys are clueless.

Or more likely you are.....by the way I’m pretty sure Erb has been involved with special teams from the beginning. Who did you say as clueless ?

Ultimately, it's on the kid to go to class. I am sure you went to college and understand how that works. The coaches have responsibility over the program but they do not have to hold the player's hands to get them to class or keep them out of trouble.

what are they (coaches) supposed to do if a kid isn't going to class or making the grades. I mean what can they do???

suspend him??

Fact is, some people aren't cut out for college. Ferentz and other college football programs and University's give out free college in exchange for the playing of a game. And, while I understand it is a bit of work to play a sport and attend school (though to be realistic, a good chunk of athletes are taking fairly easy courses.), if free school isn't incentive enough to attend class. That's on the student athlete.

A lot of it starts in high school where the star athlete gets Bs without ever doing a homework assignment. I can't remember where I read it, but a kid in a SEC school couldn't spell his name, but had a 3.5 GPA in high school. It's the culture where sports trump all else.

If this is true, and I have reason to doubt that it isn't, KF won't stand for that and that is likely why he is gone. Going to class isn't hard, just go and sit. Maybe you'll retain some actual knowledge.

Or he should have enrolled at Nebraska because their stars never had to go to class the entire decade of the 80's! Tommy Osbourne didn't care though he got 2 National Championships.

And then Ferentz threw him under the bus! While making $4 million a year! The nerve! Fire them all!

Sure hope this is true. If so it will put to rest the suspicions that the suspension was for something relatively minor.

Latest posts