The Last Play (Video)

So the Maryland guy is saying he got all ball. How does a blocked shot tip on a 3 point shot turn the shot into a line drive? He would have been better off saying he never touched anything. Saying he got ball is admitting there was a foul.

I think Cowan is saying he got a piece of the ball as Jordan was rising up, so Jordan had to 'push' the ball toward the hoop (hence, the line drive). Not sure I agree .. but this exchange was funny ...

I think Cowan is saying he got a piece of the ball as Jordan was rising up, so Jordan had to 'push' the ball toward the hoop (hence, the line drive). Not sure I agree .. but this exchange was funny ...

Yeah, the following tweets with pics were nice...

Dz4KibiX4AAk_q3.jpg

Dz3VXLuXQAAJQ6c.jpg
Dz0pCR1X0AIRLnj.jpg

It's an interesting topic when some people say don't blame the refs and then there are times where if the ref does his job, the outcome of the game changes.

Hawks played a terrible game and if it plays out the exact same way and the ref calls the foul that was the foul, we win. As a player and coach you need to focus on the things you could have done better. As a fan its bs because the missed call cost us a win.

Well it's not like he had his shot blocked. He got fouled and it wasn't called. Not much you can do there. For all we know, if he would have passed the ball, the guy who shot it would have been knocked on his ass like Moss was.
Not much he can do there? Pass the damn ball.

Not much he can do there? Pass the damn ball.
You can't do much better than draw a foul that gets you 3 free throws. Bohannon made a winning play. What if Cowan would have just straight up tackled him and the ball rolled to a Maryland player for a turnover? Are you going to say he should have been stronger with the ball?

Bohannon got fouled...but it was a weird movement, hence the no call. The Moss foul should have been called. The Maryland player was going for the ball but Moss got it and was just getting it off when he got shoved...that's a foul. It appeared to me the closest official tracked the ball, which is a bush league mistake. You watch the action around the shooter dumbass.

I'm waiting for the Washington Post to get involved in response to JBo's tweet by stating that Democracy Dies In Darkness.

And this is exactly why I won't be upset one bit when he takes off for Europe next year. I'm sure TC is a great guy, but our issues on the defensive interior are almost entirely on his shoulders. He takes more plays off on the defensive end than anyone I can remember.

It really is that painfully true isn't it? The guy just doesn't realize rebounding could be his ticket to the NBA. It won't be because he can shoot. And there are tons of guys who can jump and dunk.

Rebounding is some basic fundamentals with a lot of work and desire. He is just a spectator way too often. Our "power forward" played 37 minutes and had 5 rebounds. And there were a lot of opportunities with all of our misses.

It really doesn’t matter at this point. There is no way Iowa is or was ever going to compete for a regular conference title. At this point it’s all about getting ready to be the best team you can be going into the NCAA tournament. After the first round does seeding really matter anyways?

If you have to have home court or home state advantage to win then apparently you not really that good.

It really doesn’t matter at this point. There is no way Iowa is or was ever going to compete for a regular conference title. At this point it’s all about getting ready to be the best team you can be going into the NCAA tournament. After the first round does seeding really matter anyways?

If you have to have home court or home state advantage to win then apparently you not really that good.
We don't want Des Moines anyway. They are hosting 2/15 and 7/10 games.

Maybe, just maybe, we can use Des Moines as a seven and take down the two. But it would be a long shot.

We don't want Des Moines anyway. They are hosting 2/15 and 7/10 games.

Maybe, just maybe, we can use Des Moines as a seven and take down the two. But it would be a long shot.

Is this changed since last time the tournament was in Des Moines? I thought they picked whichever teams they wanted for each venue.

Not every team would need the home court advantage, but every team would benefit from it. And it's the first two rounds. so to say you're not very good if you need home court to get to the sweet 16 doesn't make much sense.

Not every team would need the home court advantage, but every team would benefit from it. And it's the first two rounds. so to say you're not very good if you need home court to get to the sweet 16 doesn't make much sense.

North Carolina was a 2 seed last year and played Texas A & M (7 seed) in Charlotte in the 2nd round. Aggies beat Tar Heels by 21. Michigan State (3 seed) lost to Syracuse (11 seed) by 2 in Detroit last year.

Home court (in-state) doesn't always help. :)

North Carolina was a 2 seed last year and played Texas A & M (7 seed) in Charlotte in the 2nd round. Aggies beat Tar Heels by 21. Michigan State (3 seed) lost to Syracuse (11 seed) by 2 in Detroit last year.

The best strategy never changes from game to game and season to season regardless of team, game or location. Score 1 more point than the other team. Rinse and repeat. Rinse and...

That’s what makes the tourney fun as you never know what’s going to happen.

Also is it possible in those two examples you gave that those two teams just kind of took it for granite that the home state advantage would give them a huge advantage thus not putting out the effort and preparation?

Latest posts