The key to the next two games is...

I hope we win in a way where the score appears close (10-14) but to people watching Iowa dominates physically so it’s never in doubt. We keep getting better quietly.

That way the hype dies a little and we can focus on winning and not on being too 5.
People look at comparative scores and A&M beat them by 30 iirc so hawks need to beat them by at least 3 scores, 17, 20, 21. Historically they hawks should beat them by 28+.

This game could be a real test against their so called potent passing game, a good test for our pass rushers, etc. And the OLine needs to have a great day.

The team just needs to maintain focus, prepare and play a solid game. No turnovers, no mistakes. If so, our superior talent and coaching will come through. I don't expect an offensive explosion, but being more consistent is needed. I am not going to put a number on the needed score. We just need to play two clean games and be in complete control throughout. A garbage TD or so in the 4th that make it a 17 point win instead of 24 aint gonna bug me.

As for recruiting, I agree stars are not everything, but they are not nothing. And, we need to keep winning and being nationally relevant to counter the negative recruiting we are getting from last year.

Folks, Iowa's offensive game plan Saturday is gonna be as vanilla as they come. The top priorities for the coaches will be keeping Kent State's offense off the field and not showing Maryland or Penn St. anything they haven't seen before. And frankly, it's hard to argue with that strategy. Expect lots of off-tackle runs to the short side of the field, some 'out' patterns to the sideline which we saw at Ames, LaPorta down the middle of course, perhaps an end around and post route to keep Tracy interested. Getting Schott worked into the Oline and timing in the passing game should be secondary priorities.