The Hopefully Not Garza’s Last Home Game Thread

Seriously, how do you beat Maryland, Wisconsin, Rutgers, Ohio St., Penn St., etc at home, mostly easily, and then play like this against a Purdue team that isn't even a tourney team?

It's matchups. Iowa has glaring weaknesses and Purdue has the fit to expose. Beyond that, blame the refs. Blame Izzo. Blame hot shooting. Blame Barta. Anyone but Fran and Conner baby. And slow perimeter speed. Joe W has been carrying around much bigger players all year. He s tired.

Hawks are fucked. I know they’re gritty but it just ain’t happening, tonight.

Just wouldn’t by “Hawkeyes” without shitting the bed when there’s an opportunity to move up if they just handled their business.

2 losses in a row to limp into the BTT, get bounced, and limp to the dance.

Bitter way to end a damn sweet season. Let’s hope there isn’t more salt by Garza leaving early.

Oh... F PURDUE!
Everytime we lose someone will post that we kicked away an opportunity to move up.

Every time.

What the F was last Saturday? A non opportunity? What about Ohio State?

I just want to put this here. I think I’m going to frame it and hang it in my living room. Thanks to @ssckelley for making it possible

DF9-F6-EA8-F9-F7-4-E56-9-ED7-43-FABF765445.png

This game reminds me of the DePaul game. Shooting 31% and 19% from 3 doesn't help.
Reminds me of last year's Rutgers game, also on senior night.

Maybe we should just end senior night. I'm guessing we lost on senior night in '18 as well. And the Yogi Ferrell game in '16, Ekey from Illinois at the buzzer in '14.

Just eliminate senior night! We came out like this in those aforementioned Illinois and Indiana games as well. The only one I remember us taking care of business in was Northwestern in '15.

This is something I could see against a hot MSU team. Purdue isn't good. Its senior night. Did the kegger go too late last night????

Painter has figured out Iowa's weakness and has exploited it. Double team Garza immediately. Cover CJ like a blanket and get the ball out of his hands by sending help if he dribbles. Don't worry about Evelyn Joe T or Connor because they can't beat you. Defensively tonight we are terrible.

Latest posts