The "honeymoon" is over with Coach Fran...

What we need is two good gaurds that is about 7'6" and quick as a cat. This would change the picture real fast. They must be able to shoot and make free throws. This would give us a chance at .500.

What we need is two good gaurds that is about 7'6" and quick as a cat. This would change the picture real fast. They must be able to shoot and make free throws. This would give us a chance at .500.

Anyone else picturing Shawn Bradley bringing the rock up the court, eluding defenders and throwing down over that stick for Illinois after reading this???

Anyone else picturing Shawn Bradley bringing the rock up the court, eluding defenders and throwing down over that stick for Illinois after reading this???

One word:

mutombo-prst-mala.jpg

Yeah so what? These guys all have a year or more of experience now. May, Payne, Cougs were just getting their feet wet last year. Now they know what to do to prepare for the Big 10 season. Gatens will be a bigger force next year, coach fran will actually move him around on offense (instead of having cole and cougs set ball screen after ball screen after ball screen.)

These 5 will be key next year, if they all stay they will be stronger and a year older. I look for these 5 to lead the hawks next year. Now you throw in Marble Jr. McCabe, and a couple of other role players. You have a decent team.

The whole thing is going to be is if these guys pick up on Fran's system. If they adapt to it and believe in it, they can be a top 6 in the league team. If they don't adapt to it and struggle with it, well we are going to a bottom tier team. Either way we are better off with coach Fran, he will these 5 guys to play their hearts out and he will have them playing a more exciting style of basketball.

After reading this I can in no way believe that you have any sort of basketball knowledge. If you truly believe that these guys can play with the likes of Durrell Summers, Draymond Green, Raymar Morgan, Kalin Lucas, Demetri McCamey, Jon Diebler, Robbie Hummel, E'Twaun Moore, as well as the other plethora of extremely talented Big 10 players than you are sadly mistaken, and I fear for your children's educations.

After reading this I can in no way believe that you have any sort of basketball knowledge. If you truly believe that these guys can play with the likes of Durrell Summers, Draymond Green, Raymar Morgan, Kalin Lucas, Demetri McCamey, Jon Diebler, Robbie Hummel, E'Twaun Moore, as well as the other plethora of extremely talented Big 10 players than you are sadly mistaken, and I fear for your children's educations.

Wow Hawkfan22, don't hold back! Let it all out and you'll feel better.

Don't let it hit you on the way out.

What team do all these guys play for? That must be a STACKED team if all those guys on are on the same team!

Wait their not on the same team, so who cares. Seriously the big ten is gonna be loaded next year, but what makes you think Iowa can't compete with those teams. If i remember right we were with-in 10pts with OSU, MSU, and ILL. Purdue was the only team that handled us both at home and on the road. (I only listed those because those are the only 4 teams you listed with the SUPERSTARS.) There are 7 other teams in the League that Iowa can compete with.

The system that coach fran is bringing is going to make Iowa more competitive. He is more of defensive coach and he also has more variety to his style of coaching! (the reason we got blown out several times this year, its pretty easy to see why. 1. Ball screen after Ball Screen gets you no where on offense. The ball screen is designed for when the shot clock is running down and you need a good shooter to get a screen. 2. Half court Defense, when you are out manned, you should try a ZONE defense or switch it up, because when you have Bawinkle guarding the other teams best guard, its a no win situation. 3. No set plays, I swear we only ran one set play all year and Gatens got open for a 3 and nailed it. We never went back to it, we just continued to run ball screen right, ball screen left.)

I will go out on a limb and say Iowa will be close to .500 next year if all the guys stay on the team. I don't care abou Fuller, Burst and Larson. None of those guys impressed me, their highlight films were not impressive. Fuller was not THAT good of a player, he just got aggressive against lesser competition. Where was he vs Lauderdale or the towers from Wisconsin?

Trust me Fran will get the hawks turned around.

Latest posts