The Holiday ISU rubdown....

Yeah, a good argument too...

Curious- if you think 3 top-25 finishes in 13 years is "consistently" top-25, what would "rarely" top-25 be?

In that definition, you are correct. There are so many years that 8-5 lands you just outside of the top 25 but it typically means you're 26-35 area and there are years where you can't really up the average when you land in the top 10.... that's why I would say Iowa is somewhere between 20-25 on average as a program... even during those last 13 years. There hasn't been of great years in there, but what helps is it's pretty rare when Iowa just flat out has an awful team.

I had to laugh at the posters there. They think they will be just as strong even though they are graduating all of their skill positions (receiver, quarterback, cornerback) except running back, as well as graduating over half of their offense (most of their o-line) and over half of their defense. This was according to their two-deeps published just before the Liberty Bowl. LOTS of Srs and RS-Srs.

ISU is losing a ton of players after this year. Its not going to be pretty for them next year. I expect them to be sniffing a 4-8 record.

I had to laugh at the posters there. They think they will be just as strong even though they are graduating all of their skill positions (receiver, quarterback, cornerback) except running back, as well as graduating over half of their offense (most of their o-line) and over half of their defense. This was according to their two-deeps published just before the Liberty Bowl. LOTS of Srs and RS-Srs.

Yeah, lots of delusion over there, no doubt. While I think Campbell's definitely has them headed in the right direction (at least in a lot better spot than Rwoades had them), they lose A LOT. Those senior guys like Lanning, Lazard, Waggoner, Cotton-Moyo, Campos, Murdock and Ryen, will not be easily replaceable. I imagine they'll take a step back. I see 6-6 at best, more likely 5-7. Somehow, they'll still beat the Hawks though. 4 wins in a row for Kirk over ISU? Has that ever happened before?

They put UCF behind Auburn? As a fan of both ISU and Iowa I can say that you will always find someone to say just about anything.... I also think that the B1G was screwed this season. NOW they put OSU second???? It is clearly rigged in favor of the SEC. No way they should have two teams in the playoff.
You mean the ESECPN FINAL 4. They got it the way they wanted it.

I really like this board as it saves me a lot of time. There is always a lot of posts about the cyclones and several links to their page. To keep up with both teams I only need to check hawkeyenation.
You're missing out on the really fantastic stuff on the pay side. I mean if you don't want to miss out you better pony up.

I really like this board as it saves me a lot of time. There is always a lot of posts about the cyclones and several links to their page. To keep up with both teams I only need to check hawkeyenation.
You'd love Cyclone Fanatic too then. An entire board dedicated to Iowa that is populated non stop.

Not doubting you, but went over to cyclonefanatic and didn't see any posts about hawkeye's?
The In-State Rivals board is very active. This board has a rivals forum as well, but it gets bumped maybe once a week. Theirs is arguably their most popular board.

I keep tabs on both teams because honestly I don't dislike ISU, and like to see them do well. A large portion of their fan base makes that difficult at times, and CyFan is a perfect example of that.

The only thing I don't like is how the clown die hards puff the chest and totally ignore their decades of past futility. Like it never happened. At least I recognize the 70's in IC were putrid.

They claimed this years recruiting class would be "top 25". They are claiming next years will be a "top 25" class. They are going to miss Lazard, Lanning and Kempt. They won't sneak up on anyone next year, and will be a 6-6 squad.

Which will be solid, historically, for ISU. That said, 7 wins or more would impress, and surprise me.

Latest posts