The Hawkeyes shred the Wolverines' season B1G CG thread 2023

-Hill was the biggest liability on the field tonight (besides Brian). He (with help from the officials) spotted MInwith 10 points.
-This defense did everything it could and would have done better with DeJean.
-DeJean wouldn't have given up that punt return.
-2.25 first downs/quarter ain't gonna do it.
-Wetjen sparks my curiosity.

Michigan's scoring drives:

13 plays 52 yards FG
2 plays 5 yards TD
1 play 6 yards TD
9 plays 28 yards FG
4 plays -3 yards FG
6 plays 23 yards FG

They only had to gain 11 yards for their 2 TDs. We didn't stand a chance because our offense is a steaming turd. As if you didn't already know. As far as I'm concerned Michigan didn't beat iowa, Iowa beat themselves.

Last edited:
The Iowa defense could not overcome the Iowa offense and special teams miscues. It was a good season, but so frustrating to watch the offense. I hope the new OC can improve what is wrong.
It should be an easy sell. It's the only job in the country where just getting the offense to average would please everyone.

Thank you defense. Only gave up 2 td's in the game totaling 10 yards. Only gave up 213 yards of total offense on 64 plays. Barely over 3 yards per play. So much more good things to say about them but not enough time on this board.

As for KF, please announce in the presser you're retiring after the bowl game. It'll hurt the program short term but long term it's something that needs to happen.

Sometimes people stay too long in a profession. You've reached that point.

BG, hire PP as head coach if he wants the role and let him hire an OC that'll give his defense more time to rest.

1701579204061.png
Thanks for having the O-line prepared and ready, coach. DeJong with 3 false starts, the interior unable to move anyone and Richman with terrible leg-kick and hand placement and one false start. Hope you enjoy your salary. You've obviously earned it....

Well, we know we're getting a new OC. As hard as it was for them, getting Brian out of the picture will make Iowa a better program. The offense cannot get worst and did show signs of improving.

Three biggest needs:
McNamara to return at 85% or better. or through the Portal or there is a QB capable of P5 play on the roster. That excludes Hill.

The New OC instills more discipline and superior execution, especially the line and WRs.

Run an entirely different passing game. Not the Air Raid but the routes have to get deeper and be easier. Every team we play has some easy looking 15-yard routes. It is time Iowa had them too.

Who has Kirk hired on offense is any good? I can not think of anyone who should be retained. They richly deserve their horrid ranking! Yes, this sh!t show falls totally on the HEAD COACH!

Well, we know we're getting a new OC. As hard as it was for them, getting Brian out of the picture will make Iowa a better program. The offense cannot get worst and did show signs of improving.

Three biggest needs:
McNamara to return at 85% or better. or through the Portal or there is a QB capable of P5 play on the roster. That excludes Hill.

The New OC instills more discipline and superior execution, especially the line and WRs.

Run an entirely different passing game. Not the Air Raid but the routes have to get deeper and be easier. Every team we play has some easy looking 15-yard routes. It is time Iowa had them too.

There's only one issue with your post. KF is still the head coach. Is he magically, after all these years, going to change his offensive philosophy? He gets more conservative as time goes on.

As I said in another post. Time for KF to retire. He's been tarnishing his legacy for a few years now and it's only going to get worse if he stays.

You said in another post he'll be the decision maker on who the new OC is. I as a fan have zero faith in his hires at this point.

If PP retired or left, there's no doubt under KF this program will go south quickly.

It's simple. Norm Parker and Phil Parker have saved KF's butt more times than not during his tenure. Especially with Phil Parker in the past 5 years.

Latest posts