The Hawkeye Mount Rushmore

hawkinn3

Who do you put on it? Can be any player or coach from any sport.

I say, Gable, Kinnick, Fry and Ferentz.

All three were great at what they did and were men of great integrity and respect.

Tougher challenge would be to pick just coaches, just players, and then just players from the big sports.

Coaches: Fry, Ferentz, Gable, Ralph Miller (Last one is tough, could go with Brands or Davis, or even Forest)

Football Players: Kinnick, Long, Cal Jones, Dallas Clark (Again, i think Kinnick and Long are lock but 3 and 4 are wide open)

Basketball: BJ, Acie Earl, Murray Weir, Ronnie Lester.

Wrestling: Zalesky, Tom Brands, Ed Banach, Metcalf

There is my list, discuss

I think you could make a pretty strong case for Evy over Ferentz. Chuck Long, Randy Duncan, Brands, Lester, and the Doctor would be in the discussion as well, but far behind the top 5.

If your going by people Iowa can't beat. Dan McCarney, Jim Tressel, any coach Hayden Fry played in the Rose Bowl, and Lafester Rhodes. :p

Tougher challenge would be to pick just coaches, just players, and then just players from the big sports.

Coaches: Fry, Ferentz, Gable, Ralph Miller (Last one is tough, could go with Brands or Davis, or even Forest)

Football Players: Kinnick, Long, Cal Jones, Dallas Clark (Again, i think Kinnick and Long are lock but 3 and 4 are wide open)

Basketball: BJ, Acie Earl, Murray Weir, Ronnie Lester.

Wrestling: Zalesky, Tom Brands, Ed Banach, Metcalf

There is my list, discuss

Would you really put Dallas Clark ahead of Tim Dwight? I would have Kinnick, Long and Dwight as LOCKS if I were doing players only. Then the 4th spot could be debated. I think a case could be made for many Hawks to slide into that spot.

evy before the captain.

and since mount rushmore is presidents so its for americans, how do you not put slingin dick on it? come on now!

one rendition at halo

mountstanzimore.jpg

Who do you put on it? Can be any player or coach from any sport.

I say, Gable, Kinnick, Fry and Ferentz.

All three were great at what they did and were men of great integrity and respect.

Which three? ;)

My list for now is Gable, Kinnick, Fry and Evy. Ferentz is certainly on track to surpass Evy.

Latest posts