The fans are a major part of the problem

BSpringsteen

Next week, Iowa comes out with a chip on their shoulder, with something to prove, Our defense plays inspired, JVB plays like a Big 10 QB and when our defense gets a 4th down stop to seal the game, KF's water works start up and everyone feels good about our coach again, because of how human he is. We are schizophrenic.

We as a fanbase don't demand excellence, we demand a coach who we see ourselves in. We don't demand excellence, we demand the next great walk on story who in reality is a serviceable Big Ten player at best. We've been tricked into thinking a guy who makes 4MM a year is blue collar, just because he says, "aw shucks."

We don't demand excellence, we talk about how many people we send to the NFL with no mind to how many games they won in college.

Kirk Ferentz might think of Iowa football as minor league professional football, but while he is doing that, a whole new crop of coaches acknowledge the fact that twitter exists.

Our fan base sends mediocre talent to folk hero status quicker than any other base in the country, except maybe my beloved Cubs.

Cubs fans for years used to love to talk about The Riot. When in fact, Theriot was nothing more than a dime a dozen MLB player, certainly nothing more, possible something less. We are a program of Theriot's from Ferentz on down. Sure they belong in the league, but it's not what championship teams are made of.

We talk about a strength and conditioning coach who oversaw a defense last year have no conditioning in the 4th Qtr, but yet we can't wait for him to get a hold of our recruits.

We are undersized at most positions, too slow and with not enough talent.

And if our football program only exists to prepare our athletes for a career in professional sports, we're doing great, but last I checked, major CFB exists to win.

And as long as Iowa fans treat castaways that turn into starting players as the pride of our program, the results will continue to be as they've been.

I am sorry but you are rationalizing a bad loss.
I hate to say it but, we are week to week in terms of whether we are willing to play and thats on the coaches and players.
Not the fans

I am sorry but you are rationalizing a bad loss.
I hate to say it but, we are week to week in terms of whether we are willing to play and thats on the coaches and players.
Not the fans

Dude, no doubt we are a bad team. This has nothing to do with the fans...

Truth is, we haven't been a really good team since 2004. That is the last time we really dominated our competition. Maybe 2008 was close. 2009 we won a lot of games that we easily could have and maybe should have lost.

We are an incredibly average football program, but fall in love over and over again with some feel good blue collar story.

You know what I want, a 5-Star recruit that actually lives up to his potential. When was the last time we had one of those?

I agree with orginal post we are not a bad team we just except average, and we are paying top level. Why is it every broadcast is he is a good fit for Iowa never start a Flordia broadcast with he is a good fit for Florida, and he understands the culture of Iowa what is that.

Our fans are part of the problem simply because 95% of them are as idiotic as this post.

Demanding excellence isn't what makes a team good. Executing an effective game plan is what makes teams good.

Pure and simple, our QB can't throw or spot a blitz. Our D can't stop bad teams, let alone average ones, and whoever was on the field for that onside kick should be told IWCC or Morningside might be better places to pursue college football careers. The ST coach or whoever is "responsible" for ST ought to get a little talking-to...BEFORE collecting his final check.

Bruce, That will not play out next week the warm fuzzyness you mention. Michigan is going to hammer Iowa to bits next week. If lowly Minnesota can put up almost 400 yards, I shutter to think what Michigan is going to do.

Our fans are part of the problem simply because 95% of them are as idiotic as this post.

Demanding excellence isn't what makes a team good. Executing an effective game plan is what makes teams good.

Pure and simple, our QB can't throw or spot a blitz. Our D can't stop bad teams, let alone average ones, and whoever was on the field for that onside kick should be told IWCC or Morningside might be better places to pursue college football careers. The ST coach or whoever is "responsible" for ST ought to get a little talking-to...BEFORE collecting his final check.

Sorry for the hammering. You're right about what is demanded, but I think most here expect too much. But the fact remains, this team just isn't very good. We should expect "competitiveness" and nothing more.

We win next week, Ferentz is the right coach for the job, and if you think Ferentz does not demand excellence from his players, then you do not follow this program.

We all predicted 7-5 to 8-4 which is still achievable? Why is everyone on suicide watch??

Step back from the ledge.

We win next week, Ferentz is the right coach for the job, and if you think Ferentz does not demand excellence from his players, then you do not follow this program.We all predicted 7-5 to 8-4 which is still achievable? Why is everyone on suicide watch??Step back from the ledge.

Then it is time to demand excellence from his coaching staff. KOK and Norm both called terrible games.

We win next week, Ferentz is the right coach for the job, and if you think Ferentz does not demand excellence from his players, then you do not follow this program.We all predicted 7-5 to 8-4 which is still achievable? Why is everyone on suicide watch??Step back from the ledge.
If you believe Iowa will win 3 more games, you're smoking some really good mexican weed and you probably think Rick Perry has an IQ over 50.

The title of the thread is pretty accurate.

Iowa fans, while very ****** and/or disappointed right now, are pretty loyal in general and will fill up Kinnick the next two Saturdays. Same thing next season.

College Football is more about making money than winning. As long as Kinnick is full, Iowa is making money. Why would Barta change a thing?

If you really want to see changes, the only way they're going to happen is empty seats or at the very least sell you seats to oppnents' fans.

The title of the thread is pretty accurate. Iowa fans, while very ****** and/or disappointed right now, are pretty loyal in general and will fill up Kinnick the next two Saturdays. Same thing next season. College Football is more about making money than winning. As long as Kinnick is full, Iowa is making money. Why would Barta change a thing? If you really want to see changes, the only way they're going to happen is empty seats or at the very least sell you seats to oppnents' fans.
its not an empty Kinnick, it will be when Krause

Latest posts