The fans are a major part of the problem

I don't care if Iowa wins out, Kirk needs to go. We could have the best team in the country and we would still lose at least one, probably 2, that we shouldn't. Having kirk as your coach caps what you can obtain. We had National Championship talent several years with Kirk. Imagine if we had a coach who played a little more wide open and could recruit so we don't these huge valleys while we develop talent.

Not sure I get the OP. So we as a fanbase should hold our breath and stamp our feet until we get 5 star all americans on the field? If it was that easy, every team would do it.
We're Iowa. We dont pay recruits like they do in the SEC. We don't offer sunshine and nice weather all year like the Pac12 (10?). We don't offer 24 hour nightlife like in large metropolitan areas.
We offer a chance to come here and get a shot at getting on the field, then maybe continuing your career in the NFL. That's all we got. Oh, and a fanbase that will idolize and adore you if you give them all the effort you got.
So where does that leave us? With 3 star and 4 star recruits. That's reality.

As a fan I take full responsibility. I kind of let my self go this last year and I'm sure my 40 time is very slow.

Sorry guys. :(

THIS defense could come out with the biggest chip in the world on their shoulder and it is not going to make one iota of difference in what Michigan, MSU, and NE does to this defense.

But at least we know Norm won't change anything...like I said, I don't think Norm CAN change even if he wanted to. He know one way...70s style defense and that is what he has hung his hat on even though college football has long passed him by.

Time for Norm to say good-bye and take care of his health.

We win next week, Ferentz is the right coach for the job, and if you think Ferentz does not demand excellence from his players, then you do not follow this program.

We all predicted 7-5 to 8-4 which is still achievable? Why is everyone on suicide watch??

Step back from the ledge.
You can't be serious. Losing to Minnesota two straight years is not okay. Losing to ISU most of the time is not okay. Losing to Northwestern most of the time is not okay.

Last edited:
Fans need to demand excellence! I lol'd!

Some of you guys should read this stuff out loud. It's really funny. It's like those youtube videos of kids throwing tantrums.

Not sure I get the OP. So we as a fanbase should hold our breath and stamp our feet until we get 5 star all americans on the field? If it was that easy, every team would do it.
We're Iowa. We dont pay recruits like they do in the SEC. We don't offer sunshine and nice weather all year like the Pac12 (10?). We don't offer 24 hour nightlife like in large metropolitan areas.
We offer a chance to come here and get a shot at getting on the field, then maybe continuing your career in the NFL. That's all we got. Oh, and a fanbase that will idolize and adore you if you give them all the effort you got.
So where does that leave us? With 3 star and 4 star recruits. That's reality.

It's Hawk "fans" like this that are the problem...poor old Iowa...can't recruit, can't do much of anything...poor us.

Stupid me, I thought I bought tickets to see the Hawks go out and win.

We win next week, Ferentz is the right coach for the job, and if you think Ferentz does not demand excellence from his players, then you do not follow this program.

We all predicted 7-5 to 8-4 which is still achievable? Why is everyone on suicide watch??

Step back from the ledge.
We are at the ledge because we are losing games we counted on winning.

The OP is one of the worst fans on the planet, and I agree that he is part of the problem. He does nothing but b1tch and whine on this board, even after wins.

"demand excellence"? How about you demand excellence for yourself and crawl out of your mom's basement.

Latest posts