The ends justify the means

A

alexzelada

What's your threshold? Tell us the Rubicon the coaches can't cross or they will lose your support?

1) basically, anything that gets the program slapped with major violations and the penalties that come with them (bowl bans, major loss in scholarships, etc)

2) Any major violent crime needs to see the player(s) removed immediately, no exceptions.

What's your threshold? Tell us the Rubicon the coaches can't cross or they will lose your support?

Does your question have anything to do with Iowa telling a QB commit that the program was no longer interested in him? Because I actually think the staff handled this properly, sending the coach's son to the commit's home to explain to him the new picture and where he did or didn't fit into it. Don't see a problem with it and it gives both parties a chance to move on. Iowa needs to do this more often if it wants to be a winning program.

I'm totally fine with the following:

- Letting son live in Section 8 housing when coach earns a few million bucks per year
- Bringing in a crew called City Boyz, Inc. (the "z" reminds me of the z in Bad Newz Kennels)
- Going 6-6
- Giving a bunch of kids rhabdo when they don't live up to expectations on the field
- Bringing in a psycho and then cutting him loose after a week so he can embarrass Purdue http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/2007/06/bonecrusher-kyl.html

I'm not fine with:
- Getting rid of Ken O'Keefe

I'm totally fine with the following:

- Letting son live in Section 8 housing when coach earns a few million bucks per year
- Bringing in a crew called City Boyz, Inc. (the "z" reminds me of the z in Bad Newz Kennels)
- Going 6-6
- Giving a bunch of kids rhabdo when they don't live up to expectations on the field
- Bringing in a psycho and then cutting him loose after a week so he can embarrass Purdue http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/2007/06/bonecrusher-kyl.html

I'm not fine with:
- Getting rid of Ken O'Keefe

That section 8 housing has really been poppin' off in the last year or so.

Latest posts